Chapter 41

{Your pov}

I really have nothing left to say.Today,I sat planning how to get my husband back.I couldn't sleep just as much as I couldn't eat.I think I did fall asleep for a couple of minutes,but then got pen on my face.For the last week Ive been at Hilltop,I spent my time mostly in the woods.Sometimes I helped Maggie and Sasha with Hilltop to keep mine and Maci's place there.

I tried to find Negans hide out.Jesus didn't.I also couldn't looked at Maggie for more than 5 seconds without a pang of guilt.Even with that comforting talk,it didn't help.Nothing helped.

But then I got the best thing that's happened to me in a while.

{3rd person pov}

The birds chirped loudly as Y/n sat on the tree branch.She had fallen asleep out in the woods as she searched more for Ellis only to give Maci the hope Y/n will find him.The sun had just rose when she fell asleep.But,her being asleep didn't last long as she was startled awake as she felt a sharp pain in her arm.Her eyes shot open and she sat up.A bird flew away out of fear of her.She looked at her arm to see peck marks on her arm.

"Fuckin' birds.."She uttered rubbing her arm.She grabbed her back before stretching and jumping out of the tree.She began walking through the woods back to Hilltop.Even though she was tired she kept her guard up to not get infected.Maybe when she got there,she would try to take a nap.

However that was the least of her worries.

-

Y/n walked up to the gate and waved her arm.The person at the gate was thankfully Sasha.
She smiled and opened the gate.Y/n walked through and was greeted by Sasha,Enid, and Maci.

Maci dropped her knife and stick she was sharpening and ran to Y/n giving her a hug.She was confused.Maybe Ellis had returned and Maci thinks it was in the doing of her.She was gone for one and a half days,that could be another reason.

That's when Maggie came out from the massive house that basically represented Hilltop.She ran up to Y/n and hugged her."Come with me,I have to show you something."Maggie immediately says holding Y/ns hand with a gentle soothing squeeze.

"Can it wait til' later?"Y/n asked,slightly slobbish.

"You're gonna wanna see this."Maggie grabbed Y/n's yanked her arm lightly for her to follow.Maggie began dragging her to the house with a smile.The door opened and out came the person she least expected.

Daryl Dixon.

Maggie stopped and dropped her hand stepping to the side as Y/ns eyes softened.She wanted it to be a surprise,but Daryl couldn't wait.Y/n's eyes  filled with tears.(You know what.For a better experience play the night we met by Lord huron.)

A small smile urged on her face.Y/n dropped her her bow and slipped her bag off her shoulder,
dropping them on the floor.She then ran to Daryl quickly as a tear fell down her cheek.She jumped into his arms so hard they fell to the ground.Y/n has never held someone so tight in her life.Her legs landed between Daryls,and her arms wrapped around his neck.Daryl wrapped his arms around her body and held her close,resting his head on her shoulder.This was the most affection they've shown in public.The lump in her throat grew.She couldn't help the few tears fall down her face.

"You—you're okay.."She manages to say.Daryl nodded into her shoulder as he grunts to fix Y/n in his arms.

"Yea..'m alright."He soothes,rubbing circles on her back to comfort her.