I

George.

I'm pretty much fucked. 

In retrospect, I have no one to blame but myself. I felt more myself within the walls of my non-conforming demeanor that I had built for myself—shielding myself from all responsibility forced upon me. Children aren't meant to have jobs. Especially not jobs that rely on the way you act and present yourself as representing an entire nation. 

I was a staple figure from the moment I was born; all eyes were on me. Barely two days old, I was on the cover of every newspaper and magazine published around the UK. Shortly after, my newborn face was introduced to the rest of the world. With my birth came unfathomable responsibilities and unwanted attention. I never wanted attention. I never wanted this life. 

Yet I still have no one to blame but myself. 

From one to five, I was the United Kingdom's little angel. The figure of purity and innocence. 

From six to twelve, I was seen as playful, with a habit of being somewhat naughty. Yet the public loved it; they considered me a breath of fresh air, and 'realness' added to the uptight and traditional monarchy that had reigned for centuries. 

From thirteen to sixteen, I found myself somewhat reclusive. The nation assumed my lack of appearance was due to the crash and burn of hormones and development. But, unfortunately, that wasn't the case. It was around this time that I realized that I was not my own person. I had never been my own person. I was a pawn in an elaborate game of chess that kept the monarchy stable and functioning. 

Seventeen, my pivotal point that gave the United Kingdom severe whiplash, I'm surprised most of the English still have their heads attatched to their necks. I remember the article as if I had only just read it mere seconds ago. 

THE GUARDIAN:
THE YOUNGEST ROYAL FAMILY MEMBER PRINCE GEORGE FOUND SMOKING NEAR A PUB

Second in line to the throne monarch, Prince George had been spotted by a passerby headed to their local pub for the happy hour when he noticed the young royal laughing with his mates, cigarette in hand. 

Prince George, 17, once known as the United Kingdom's little angel, had been missing from the scene for approximately three years. His absence had never gone unnoticed, as he was often referred to as the breath of fresh air during any traditional event that took place throughout his early years. However, all that innocence seems to have faded within the palace's walls. First time out, and the young royal is smoking underaged!

"I'll admit it was quite the sight, but I would be lying if I said I was completely shocked by this behavior." David Brookshaw, 52, stated when reporting what he had witnessed. "The young lad had always had a knack for doing what he wasn't supposed to, but when I was his age, I was probably doing the same thing; I don't know what it is about the royal enthusiasts, but a lot of the nation seems to forget that the royal family - albeit national treasures and figureheads of the UK - are still people. But, unfortunately, it seems that even the royal family has forgotten that themselves. I mean that with all respect, long live Her Royal Majesty the Queen, but he's just a lad at the end of the day, innit?"

Brookshaw seems to side with Prince George's behavior, regardless of his statements and opinions. The royals may be people, but they're different kinds of people. They are responsible for making the nation appear pristine and encouraging the ideas of 'togetherness.' Prince George represents none of these, breaking the law by smoking underage in an environment he should not be near, without the protection of any security. This is his first appearance in years. The royal does not seem to understand the role of inspiring that 'togetherness' the people of the United Kingdom rely on the monarchy for. 

Thank God for people like David Brookshaw; without them, I would be respected by no one, regardless of my title. Maybe that's what I wanted. To be shunned enough and reprimanded to a degree where there was no turning back. My title would have to be stripped from me, and I'd finally get to live the life I wanted. Unfortunately, that's not how it works. The royal family is capable of covering up as much as they wish. Blame anyone but themselves. I'm not surprised the phrase 'taking accountability' remains far from my vocabulary list since there was never a moment for me to do so. 

No matter how hard I try, there seems to be no loophole. My mother says I should be grateful that I was second-born. If this life is already so difficult for me to live, then I should appreciate that I don't share the same responsibilities as my older brother, Wilbur. However, I don't see why I should be grateful for something I never asked for, something I want no part in. 'Your life may be shit, but at least it's not as shit as someone else's.' Which I'm sure is true, but that doesn't have to diminish my distaste for the life I have. No matter how lavish it may appear to those on the outside. I'd give it all away in a heartbeat to experience even the slightest bit of normalcy. To be in my own control for once. 

That's why I am who I am today. I decided after the first few articles about myself that if I can't control my own life, no one else can. 

Author's Notes: 

Hello!
I hope you liked the intro to my new story, which has gotten plenty of inspiration from different songs and TV shows. 

If you couldn't tell already, the story's title is based on 'Shameless' by Camila Cabello. So if you've not heard it yet, I suggest you listen to the plot you're getting yourself into. 

For now, I'll continue working on this, and hopefully, I'll get the following two chapters out by the end of this week!