Confessions;Underwater | C.BG & C.JS

"Hey! Ryujin! Tired already?" Chaeryeong followed her friend out of the water, "yeah, the sun's too strong. It's making me dizzy" 

" aw come on!! Today's basically our last day here! Tommorow we won't have fun and the next day we're going!!" she continued whining. "I'll just sit for awhile" ryujin groaned in pain as she sat down on the picnic mat next to the cranberry. 

"Okay then, if you need them, I have some pills for headache in my bag. You can have it and there's cold water in the chiller" chaeryeong gave up

 "okay thank you" the girl made a finger heart to chaeryeong. Who smirked and blew a kiss to ryujin, she glanced at the cranberry next to ryujin before turning back and running to join the others. 

Beomgyu had been silent the whole time, a book was open on his lap and his shades on his head like a head band.

 "You.. aren't joining the others?" He looked up, the driest look on his face.

 "No I just don't feel like swimming right now" ryujin found herself staring at his dry lips, the way his lips parted and joined each time he spoke. Beomgyu sucked his lips in, aware that the girl was staring. They seemed less cracked now, his lips. 

The both weren't exactly close friends compared to the rest of their friends, it just seemed like the other was a friend of a friend. Ryujin looked straight ahead at the water and beomgyu went back to reading silently. The silence was once again broken when ryujin turned to open the cooler "want anything?" Beomgyu, without moving his head said" yeah that strawberry drink" ryujins hand touched the ice as she moved the drinks around for a 'that strawberry drink'

 "I— think it's over but there's a peach drink do you want it?" "Okay" he stretched his hand back as she handed the drink to him. She got herself a cold bottle of water and sat down. Silence followed for the 3rd time but this time for longer. Beomgyu read almost 6 pages and ryujin had almost finished the entire bottle.

 Ryujin turned her head side ways to look at the cranberry. Only to notice that water was rolling down his cheeks, her eyes widened. She had never in her entire life had to console a boy who was crying because of a book. 

"oh shit are you crying?" Sand shifted around as ryujin moved closer to the boy, her hand now placed on his shoulder. Ryujin wasn't sure whether the boy was comfortable about physical touch especially when they weren't close, normally she would've hugged the person to console them but with beomgyu that would've been a VERY risky move. She slowly closed the book in his hands and placed it down on the mat, the page he had been reading was still open. Beomgyu wiped his eyes even though it was of no use, warm, salty water continued running down. Ryujin didn't read books, but beomgyu did. As he continued crying, ryujin realised that they were in a beach. People crowded around everywhere. Her hands wrapped around him. If the boy was surprised, he didn't show it. 

Even in the chilly wind that blew, beomgyu felt warm. Maybe it wasn't because a girl was hugging him, SHE was hugging him. Shin ryujin, was hugging him. Not only was she hugging him, she tried her best to hide him and comfort him at the same time. Slowly the feelings melted away though a bit of damage remained. Beomgyu sighed, Augustus died. He was no longer crying but the girl was still hugging him and he didn't bother to tell her. They stayed like that for what was three minutes, three minutes seemed like forever to both of them. After all it isn't everyday that you get to hug and get hugged by the person you like. 

Ryujin realised that he was no longer crying and shifted away. "Um... sad book huh?" Her hands were still (like still not still) on her thighs. He faced her sideways, his light brown hair moved around because of the continues cold breeze. He was smiling softly now, his face wasn't so pale anymore, his lips weren't as dry now though still a bit chapped. His baby pink lips lifted to form a bigger smile. It grew wider and wider until his upper teeth were showing.