Sober | H.K & S.YN

""Wow. Number one, Yuna? Seriously, what are you doing here? A black-haired mess walks up to my seat. Dare I budge. "Why the curiosity, bubble ?" I let the bar support my back. "Don't call me that. We're not 12 anymore." he furrows his brows. "You're only saying that because I had a better and cooler nickname." A couple, eating their faces out, bump into him, barely sparing a second to apologise. "But does it matter? I was way better. " he comes close enough, and I can smell the alcohol. "Oh really? Of course, I mean totally cool flunking the most simple multiplication tests, huh?" I look around, hoping no one hears me. " and even cooler peeing your pants infront of the girl you like because you're too much of a pussy and can't take a single rejection. Yeah, totally cool." He smiles, "how'd you know? That was long back alright. Besides, don't make fun of me Yuna; I love you" 

It seems I am defeated. I mean surely he was a charming guy but, I'm a woman better than him. How could I ever be smitten by a man, who I'd always considered below myself? Impossible. Surely if it wasn't for the crowd and the raging smell of alcohol and sweaty people enjoying their night everywhere around me, I would have grabbed his neck and kissed him. No questions asked. 

He looked an itty bitty sick. I get up and offer him my seat. And when he refuses, I forced him. Before I am able to speak, a female, probably a year or two older walks up to us. Places her hand on his shoulder, seemingly drunk and out of her mind. "Hey, wanna shot?" She came prepared i notice, with her lime and shot ready in her hand. "Sure, came here with my girlfriend here though." It takes me a moment to realise, I was the girlfriend. A lie but it flustered me. He takes the shot and lime from her, hands me the shot glass. Empty headed, I take it. I squint my eyes at the bitterness. When I open my eyes, I see the girl, embarrassed. And Kai, oh my sweet heavens. His lips on mine. Then I get the taste of lime. And I kiss him back. Through the sour, I get a hint of sweet peach. Ah, one would have never guessed he would use peach lip balm. Out of the corner of my eyes, I see his friends, mouths wide and totally loosing it. Just like me. Except I was kissing a guy. The guy I'd always secretly admired. And for a moment, I am turned into myself but at the embarrassing age of 14. 

"I swear mom. I hate him! I'll never in my entire life like him! A loser like him? Would be working for me when I'm older. How'd he ever think he had a chance?" 

We break apart and I notice that the girl is no longer there. I look at Kai, looking right into my eyes. There is some sort of relief in his eyes, admiration and red paints my cheeks at how fast I noticed. "If you really wanted to kiss me, you should've when you're sober." I fiddled with my purse. And the next words to leave his mouth? Had me swept off my feet. 

"Then take me home, Yuna. We can wait for the morning." 

–The End

♡ee happy new year errbodyyy take care and stay healthy. Thank you for reading:)

(Also ik no one really gives a flying fuc ab this but I've really grown out of kpop:( like I didnt notice it until December. Like my priority shifted so much. Now I'm more trynna keep track of how well I study, and how clean my room is and all. I used to think my kids would grow up listening to kpop 24/7 so it really is new year new me thing ig:/ its kinda bittersweet yk)