Titanic | C.YJ & H.YJ

"Oh no no, Ye-Yeji it's, it's stuck!" Yeonjun turned back at the woman behind, he was starting to feel nauseous at the thought of not being able to survive the night. The water was reaching up to his ankle right now, but it was increasing steadily and the icy liquid tingled his skin as his wet pant ankles stuck to his legs. Chaos surrounded the couple, Yeji feared that they wouldn't make it tonight. Tried the both not to think about death, but just how? How can they not think of ending up dead when they're at the young age of 19 and 20 respectively? Impossible was it not? 

He wrapped his hands around Yeji and pulled her into embrace, he didn't want her to be hurt. In midst of utter chaos and excruciating cold, somewhere in his heart, Yeonjun found the strength and need to console this girl in his arms. As the water rose above their ankles, other fellow passengers were trying to go up the stairs to the deck. Everyone was so desperate to save themselves. 

Yeonjun pulled away at the sight of the crowd pushing and brushing past each other as they tried going up all at once. Yeonjun grabbed her hand and rushed at the crowd and pushed through to make it to the deck. 

As soon as they were up on the deck, he felt his insides curl up like a ball. Suddenly a wave of regret washed over him. Yeji was behind him, being pushed left and right by passer-bys. If anything, he wanted to be in his room with Yeji next to him and all the windows shut close with a shutter. It would have been less scarier to die that way. But he knew very well that if he wanted her and himself to live, he'd have no choice but to stay on the deck. 

"Yeji. What are you doing here!? Why is this rat with you?! You must join your mother and sister on the lifeboat. Now." A man, specifically Yeji's father and the man who had Yeonjun locked in the storeroom for wooing his daughter was trying to pull Yeji away from him. 

God forbid he ever know about the little intimacy between the two. 

As her father tried to pull her away by the wrist, Yeonjuns grip on her tightened. 

"Leave me right now. I will not be joining that little depressing family no matter what. I will not marry no man you propose. I am a very capable young lady who is very much capable of kicking her own father right in the crotch." Whatever Yeji said, she meant every word. Her father let go of her hand. 

"You are a woman, what say do you have? Fool I tell you! He is a fool and you! You a bigger fool! You're nothing but his whore" the older man was shouting on top of his lungs, but Yeonjun was pretty sure that no one dared to eavesdrop when the rough sea was giving way to let the ship sink whole. 

Yeji slapped her father. "I'd rather be his whore than your daughter."

Woah. Yeji was pulling Yeonjun away in the same direction in which everyone else was running in. Yeonjun took too long to process whatever had just happened and just like that, the old man's face disappeared in the crowd of terrorised passengers. All at once, in the dreadful happenings of the night, as the ship sank deeper, an eerie echo of metal breaking and scraping sounded in the empty ocean. It was as if everything had stopped, everyone halted at their places, nothing and nothing at all moved or made a sound. Just the ship as it pierced in two right from the center, Yeji was horrified, most of the people were on the front of the cruise, a mother cried out for her husband who was holding their infant on the other side of it, rather helplessly he stretched leaning forward to slip the baby into the mother's hands before the sepration of the cruise was complete. Slowly, painfully the back of the ship sinked deeper and deeper, whoever could, tried to hold on to something, much hopeless. And it was as if the clock had rewinded itself, the panic grew like a herd of wild elephants causing disaster. 3 of the 6 lifeboats on the ship had already been levered down, accommodating mainly women and children. Yeji spotted her mother and sister on one of the boats, looking as though the life had been sucked out of them. 

"Yeji, hold on to me. We'll have to jump! There's no other way!" Yeonjun had tears in his eyes that threatened to fall any second then. Yeji looked around, everyone was readying themselves for the jump, some already making their dive. She wiped his tears away then wiped off her own. He held her hand tightly as he stood next to her at the taffrail, ready to jump into the painfully cold water. "I love you" he pressed their foreheads together, she kissed him long and sweet. "Together eh?" He tangled their fingers together,"don't get lost. I love you." And before he knew it, Yeji had jumped right in. 

Now the shock hit him, floating pieces of debris everywhere, people hooting with their rescue whistles, countless people holding on to anything they'd find. 

He jumped in too. 

"Yeonjun! Yeonjun! Climb on!" Yeji yelled out to him when she noticed his head cut above the water. He swam closer to her. 

"I'm here now, Yeji I made it" he smiled. "Yes. Then well climb on, the water's too cold." "No, I'll probably sink it." "Yeonjun-" he kissed her long and bittersweet. She didn't argue. 

Time passed, unfortunately time passed. The sun never seemed to rise. All and everything lost into a dark and endless abyss. Yeji woke up from her mindless slumber. The cold had put the both to sleep. The wooden door floated around and Yeonjun's body followed around, for Yeji had torn a peice of her coat and tied their hands together. Never get lost she had said to him. His hair was frozen. His body way too cold. 

She checked his pulse, weak too weak it might have stopped. Tears formed in her eyes, would this mean goodbye? 

With all her might, Yeji had managed to switch their positions, Yeonjun's passed out body lying on the door and Yeji holding on tightly from the water. 

Time passed again. Lifeboats were coming in to view and Yeonjun's pulse was slowly coming back too. But Yeji would regret to not say the same, her body weakened with every passing second till it was no more to bear. Her eyes closed, she said "I love you" in the most weakest voice she could manage and long before her hands gave up and let go. 

And death and the water welcomed her with open arms, embracing her body. 

—The End—

Hope I made some of yall cry:) 

Stay safe and take care♡