Chapter 3 ☁️

The next day Shota arrived at your place at 7 am sharp. He helped you carry a few boxes you packed the night before to his car.
You suggested stopping at the local coffee shop not too far from UA.

On your way there, you decided to ask Shota a critical question on your mind since yesterday.

"I look forward to meeting Eri today. Do you think she'll be okay with a small class? Including her, I only have three students." You ask

"I think that will help her not feel overwhelmed. When it comes to change, she is slow to adapt at first, but she'll get into the groove fairly quickly." Shota responds

You nodded to Shota's comment. You feel comfortable knowing that Eri will be okay in your classroom.

"Oh, speaking of students, how is class 2-A doing? I heard they went through a lot their first year." You ask, looking at Shota.

He tapped his fingers on the steering wheel as a small smile crossed his face.
"They're doing great; they've grown a lot since the first year. We added another student Hitoshi Shinso to the class. He wasn't a part of class 1-a his first year, but he proved himself and kept pushing." Shota went on about how he trained Hitoshi and still does to help him improve his combat skills.

Hearing Shota talk passionately about his students warms your heart. Seeing this side of him, that's not mentioned in the media makes your admiration for the man grow.
You start to notice how he smiles proudly when talking about his students overcoming their fears and how he blushes when he speaks about how they've embarrassed him too.

You didn't realize you were staring at him until Shota snapped you out of your thoughts.

"Um, y/n were here."

"Oh, right! Let's hurry inside." You say quickly. You felt terrible for starting but being so close to your idol makes you feel some type of way...

As you get ready to reach for the door, Shota puts his hand softly on your thigh

"Allow me." He says kindly
Shota then gets out and walks around the car opening the door for you with his hand reaching out to yours.

When placing your hand in his, you felt a faint spark in his rough hands as you stood up from the car.  You looked up at Shota with a soft smile. You could tell his cheeks were turning pink.

"Um, Shota.." looking down at your hands still intertwined.

"Right, let's..  um .. go inside." He says nervously

You started to laugh at Shota's embarrassment as you both pulled your hands away from each other.

"I guess we're both distracted easily." You say slyly

"I guess so." He says with a smirk on his face.

Shota opens the door for you to the coffee shop. As you walked in, you were hit with the smell of coffee grounds and sweet pastries.

"It smells so good in here." You whispered excitedly to Shota
"Mhm," Shota smiled as you both walked to the counter.

"I'll be with you in just a second!" A woman yelled from the back.

You took in the scenery around you—a cozy atmosphere with paintings and pictures on the walls. A few tables and couches spread around the shop and lots of plants.

"Good morning, sweetheart; how can we help ya?" Said a short thick African-American woman with beautiful curly grey hair, glasses, and kind eyes. If it weren't for her grey hair, you would think she was in her late 40s.

"Can I have a matcha latte with vanilla syrup, please?" You moved out of the way for shota to order.
"Um, large black coffee ... y/n, do you want to split a pastry?" Shota turns to ask you.
"Yeah! Let's get mixed berry fruit tart, please." Shota nodded in agreement with your choice