Persistence

"Congratulations!"

After hearing the news of Cyclone leading the next spring-coming, his friends all decided to throw him a congratulations party at his home. "Thanks, guys! I'm very happy that you guys did this for me," he said to them.

"It's nothing. We're happy that you've accepted the task!" Yaya smiled.

"Yeah, it's only right that we have a party like this!" Gopal cheered. His words were sweet, but they all knew that he only had eyes for the desserts in front of him.

"We all knew that you're capable of doing it, so it wasn't a hard to choice to choose this time's head," Ying added. Cyclone scratched his face sheepishly.

"Am I though? All I do is fly around and goof off all day..." He still didn't quite believe it. There are so many other fairies who were more capable that he was, he wonders why he was chosen.

"But you're creative and reliable. You love to have fun, but you mean well," Yaya encouraged. "It's okay if you mess up sometimes, after all, it's you're first time doing something so big like this."

"Yeah, no one will blame you. Especially with ME by your side!" Gopal guffawed, his nose high in the air. Cyclone gave him a playful shove in the shoulder.

"In the way, he's right. We'll be with you every step of the way," Ying assured. Cyclone smiled, he was glad he had friends like them.

"Thanks, guys. I'll do my best."

Yaya gave him a sweet smile, then she got up off her seat. "Now that that's over, who's up for some cookies!"

..............

It was the next morning, and as usual, Cyclone woke up bright and early to do his morning flight around the meadow. Today was the day that he was shown the ropes of spring prep, and he was meant to meet the Mistress of Spring to receive the to-do list she'd prepared for him.

After watching the Light fairies raise the sun, he made his way back to the Sacred Tree to see the Mistress of Spring.

The list was longer than he thought it would have been. At first he thought it was just a few pages, but then it turned out to be pages upon pages of tasks. The list even touched his feet and rolled along on the floor in front of him.

"Wow! This is a lot of tasks. I never realized how much goes into preparing for spring," he admitted as he flipped through the tasks.

The Mistress of Spring giggled, "That's because you've never experienced before, silly! Run along now, I've requested some Flower fairies to guide you through the process down at the workplace. They'll be able to teach you what you should know."

"Alright. Thanks, Mistress. I won't let you down!" Cyclone waved the Mistress goodbye as he took off from the Sacred Tree.

There was indeed some Flower fairies there waiting for him at the flower workplace. They all smiled at him when he greeted them. "Hello, Cyclone. We'll be showing you around the workplace and the things you'll need to do for this time's spring-coming. Are you ready?"

Cyclone was hyper and nodded enthusiastically. The three Flower fairies then begun their tour of the workplace where all the Flower fairies worked. "Right now, the flowers that bloom in spring are still maturing. You'll need to see to it that they are all ready to go when spirng comes," one of the fairies explained.

Most of the tasks are in the flower workplace since there was a lot of flowers that need to be prepared, but the other fairies also played a big role in spring-coming. They then led him to the animal sanctuary where the Animal fairies worked.