~Chapter Two~

-Last Time-

"WHAT ARE YOU DOING HERE?!" the orange-haired boy yelled while pointing at the black-haired boy.

--

Surprised by the sudden appearance of the boy you step back as a reflex. You look between the two before the orange-haired boy yelled again.

"Kageyama Tobio!" There's a few seconds of awkward silence before the black-haired boy, who you now know is Kageyama, speaks up.

"You, I saw you last year, I don't remember your name." You sweatdrop at his honest statement.

"Hinata Shoyo! That's my name and don't you forget it!" the orange-haired boy says nervously. "I bet you don't remember a team you beat in the first round, but-"

"No, I remember you," Kageyama said with no emotion. "You're the short kid who sucked." he continued as he glared at Hinata. You shiver at the face as you stand off to the side not wanting to get involved.

"Y-You can't make fun of me anymore!" Hinata stated with a slightly trembling voice. "Why are you here at Karasuno when there are better schools that are considered powerhouses?"

"I applied to one of those schools... but I was rejected."

"How could 'The King of the Court' get rejected?!"

"I'm only going to tell you this once.." Kageyama began while looking down casting a shadow over his eyes, "don't call me that!" he finished as he looked at Hinata with a look that could kill. You and Hinata took a step back while having a shiver run down your spine.

"Who woulda thunk that Kitagawa Diiachi's star setter would come to Karasuno?" a new voice questioned. At the mention of the school, you remembered something.

-Flashback-

You're sitting in the city gymnasium waiting for the next match to begin. Seeing the two teams walk onto the court made you scoot to the edge of your seat. They started warming up and your eyes sparkled watching them. Noticing one team was practicing spikes you immediately focused on them. You saw a boy with black hair setting the ball to his teammate. You excitedly watched with anticipation as the ball headed to the spiker. Ready for the impact of the ball hitting the floor you smiled, but to your dismay the spiker missed. Suddenly hearing the faint yelling on the court, by what you assumed to be the setter by his body language, you frowned.

"That's not how you treat your teammates." you quietly said to yourself.

The sound of the whistle pulled you out of your thoughts and back to the game. The players lined up, bowed, thanked each other then got into their positions. You didn't notice the three older boys arriving until you heard the nickname, 'The King of the Court.' Focusing on their conversation, yes you knew eavesdropping is wrong but you couldn't help it, you heard one of them explain who he was.

"Kitagawa Daiichi's setter, Kageyama. He's wearing the number two jersey. His sets are precise and on point. He can also block and serve great. He can score a lot of points on his own. Add that to superior athleticism and natural instinct for volleyball, and he's a king who rules the court." explained the dark-haired male to the other two.

"He looks like a jerk," sneered the one with a shaved head. You tried to suppress your laugh but a snicker escaped causing the three to tense knowing they had been caught gossiping. They looked behind them to see you with your hand over your mouth while shaking trying to keep your laugh in. Noticing they heard you and are now looking at you, you froze. Eyes slowly widening you bowed your head quickly apologizing for listening to their conversation.