~Chapter Twelve~

-Last Time-

"Next time, don't take my food." You both laugh until Daichi says your and Kageyama's names.

"When you guys are done eating, do you have a minute?" he asks pointing at the shop.

"Sure," you both say.

--

You, Kageyama, Suga, and Daichi sit at the table in the shop. Without looking up from his paper, the guy who yelled at you tells you to be quiet. Suga nods before listening to the conversation.

"I was wondering what to do with Hinata's position in the practice game. Do you guys have any ideas?" Daichi asks.

"Why are you asking me? I'm not a genius in volleyball like Kageyama," you ask.

"Don't sell yourself short (Y/N). I've heard about how you helped Hinata and Kageyama." Daichi expresses. You playfully glare at Suga, who looks away seemingly more interested in something on the shelf instead of the conversation. You look at Kageyama and he nods. You look back at Daichi with a knowing smirk.

"Okay, what if we..."

-Timeskip, Next Day-

"Alright, I think we'll go with this starting lineup," Daichi says holding a white magnetic board with a volleyball court and round magnets with player names on them. Everyone is looking at the captain who is standing next to Takeda.

-

The starting lineup shows;

Tanaka (Wing Spiker) Front left. Hinata (Middle Blocker) Front middle. Daichi (Wing Spiker) Front right.

Kageyama (Setter) Back left. Tsukishima (Middle Blocker) Back middle. Ennoshita (Wing Spiker) Back Right.

-

As Daichi explains the plan you look at Yamaguchi who looks gloomy. You go over to him and sit next to him.

"Hey, you okay?" you ask quietly.

"Yeah...It's just..." he begins but can't find the right words.

"It's alright," you say as you put your hand on his. "You'll be there soon. Don't let it get you down, let it motivate you." Yamaguchi is about to respond but is stopped by a shout.

"I'm the same position as Tsukishima the Bean Pole?!" Hinata asks in disbelief.

"Pft. Bean Pole. Pft." you chuckle at the nickname. This causes the tall blond to glare at you.

"Hinata, listen," Kageyama says getting the ginger's attention. "You...will be...The Greatest Decoy!!"

"OOOOH! The Greatest Decoy! The sounds...lame." Hinata says. Kageyama then explains his role to him which excites the short middle blocker again.

"But...if you aren't operating at full speed our offensive plan will fall apart," Kageyama says causing Hinata to freak out.

"Kageyama! Why did you say that?!" you scold. He looks at you with confusion. You sigh and point at Hinata who keeps repeating 'fall apart' over and over again. Tanaka asks Daichi and Kageyama what Hinata will do about blocking, as you try to calm Hinata down which isn't working. After talking to Tanaka, Daichi tries to calm Hinata down but just makes it worse.

"Daichi! You're making it worse!" you scold the captain.

"I know! Hinata calm down!" Daichi frantically says before Hinata short circuits. "He shorted out! Hinata shorted out!"

"Don't just stand there screaming! I need a cold wet towel!" you say snapping everyone out of it. While waiting you look at Kageyama. "This is your fault."