Chapter 1

"Don't listen to Marcy." Bumble Bee warned.

"But she makes so much sense." Nightwing said.

"That's how she gets you. She logics everything to death." Bumble Bee grumped.

He smiled. "I think it's a great idea to have a team member go to Daxam with Chris for Spring Break."

"Yeah but who?" She taunted.

That was a good question.

pagebreak

Nightwing got his boys together to discuss it.

"I can go." Kid Flash volunteered.

"Really?" Nightwing was surprised.

"Yeah. I want to get away from Jinx anyway."

Cyborg laughed quietly. "She's going to divorce you."

"No, she's not!"

"What do you care? You want to be away from her anyway." Nightwing high-fived Cyborg.

"I hate that you're best friends." Kid Flash wiped his eyes tiredly.

Changeling rolled his seafoam eyes. "Why are you trying to escape your wife?"

"I'm not!"

"Sounds like it." Tempest put in.

"You don't even like each other!"

"You're just mad no one's on your side."

Kid Flash pouted.

"Stop crying." Nightwing smirked. "Why are you avoiding your wife?"

"She's crazy."

"I call next Friday!" Cyborg shouted.

"I say tomorrow." Tempest shook his dark head.

"Are we betting money?" Changeling wanted to know.

"Guys!" Nightwing raised his voice. "I don't want this to rub off on the kids. We're betting chores."

The four agreed.

Kid Flash was fit to be tied.

pagebreak

Christopher was so excited. He raced around his room, trying to take everything, unsure of what he'd need or want for the week.

Starfire entered his room and saw the state of chaos it was. "Young one, what happened to your dwelling?"

"Hi, Mommy." Christopher barely looked over his shoulder. "Will I need this on Daxam?"

She peered into his hands, which possessed a snorkeling mask. "I am unsure."

He stared seriously at the piece of equipment before putting it in his suitcase.

Starfire hated this. Especially with him so excited. It was like he couldn't wait to leave. "Are you taking any of the stuffed creatures?"

He wrinkled his nose. "That's baby stuff."

Her heart sank. "Oh."

He closed his last suitcase. He had three. One had clothes but the other two were filled with toys. "Okay! I'm ready!"

She looked at him as he shoved his suitcases by the door so he could grab them and go the next morning. She watched as he basically vibrated excitedly. "The evening meal will commence shortly."

"Okay." He went over his outfit for the next day. "I'll be up."

She walked out slowly, head hanging.

Christopher didn't even notice.