Worry

"No Papa, he should have written to us now. There's no way he's this enveloped in his work." Brigitte said worryingly to her father.

"Well now, Y/n was sent on a mission, you know that he takes those very seriously. We'll see him next year honey."

Brigitte huffed and trudged over to her room, flipping on a small couch. She picked up a picture of her and y/n as children that Torbjörn had taken while they were in the backyard of the Overwatch HQ. Brigitte hugged a slightly unenthusiastic y/n, while a small smile tugged at the corner of his mouth.

"I hope you're safe, y/n. I'll come find you soon enough."

___

"You are the flesh maggots adore...." I furiously scribbled into my notebook as tears flowed from my eyes. Who was I becoming? This is not the man my father raised, this was a monster.

"And what an ugly thing... to have someone see you." Then I heard growling voice, mimicking the words that were being splattered upon the page.

A knock came to the door.

I gasped and swiped my notebook across the desk and wiped my face off, collecting myself. "Come in." I said, in the most "normal" tone I could muster.

The Queen rampaged in howling, "WOOOO! Now THAT is a fight! The people love ya, y/n! Their spirits are as strong as ever! How'd ya do the earthquake trick? It was RIPPA'!"

"How is the hamster?" I said solemnly. The Queen was taken aback, she wasn't used to her challengers feeling remorse. "Well, he's uh.... I think a doctor or vet or someone took him, something like tha-" I cut her off, "Would you find out soon, please?" I said, Dez again taken aback. "W-well yeah, sure. I'll see what I can do."

I clicked the pen I was still holding off, "I'm sorry I mutilated your engineer." I said. "Oh, t/n, don't worry about that! It was life or death after all. Plus, you made that crowd ROAR baby!" Dez seemed too excited for this.

I set the pen down. "Anyways, I've got a gift for ya. Someone ripped it off a wastelanda', figured you'd want it." Dez placed some sort of wrist gauntlet on the workbench, "and we found another one of these. Ain't made of the same material as the original, but it'll do. Hopefully..." Dez said as she placed another retiarius helm on the workbench.

"What is it?" I said, picking up the device. "Fires a big steel rope, then sends out an electric pulse. Pretty sweet, huh?" She said, grabbing my shoulders and shaking me slightly.

"Yeah... sweet..." I then felt that same horrific  going through my head as I looked to the helmet, shining an awful bloodstained gold and silver.

Odessa's mood changed, and it effected the whole atmosphere of the city. Clouds began to form, and everything went grey as she knelt down next to me.

"Are you alright, y/n? And if you don't tell me the truth I'll leave that hamster to rot, understood?" She sounded like a mother. "I'm... I'm not sure. I feel, empty. I know I should be feeling these horrible things about killing all these people, but I don't feel anything. Unfortunately, some part of me actually likes it. And I'm scared of it."

Dez tapped the workbench. "I'm supposed to be a noble warrior, Odessa. Not a gladiator. Why do I enjoy it? Is there something wrong with me?" Tears began to form in my eyes. "Is this all I am? A killer? That's not what overmatch would want. I was sent here to drawn a fucking map, not mutilate animals!"

Odessa put an arm around my shoulder, pressing her forehead onto my temple. "I'll bet your father would be proud to see where you are. He'd be proud that you're a symbol of hope, for all these hopeless people."

There was something about her voice that made me feel calmer. "Isn't that what the crusader's were? A symbol of hope and strength? That's what you are, y/n. Who cares if you don't look like your old man? It's what's in here that counts." Dez pushed a finger to my chest.

"Maybe you're right." I said, clearing my head, "But I can't be sure. And that's what drives me to be better."

Odessa walked behind the chair and draped her arms around my chest and neck, using one hand to make me look at her above me. "Well I need you to be that warrior. My warrior. You're my hero y/n. Doesn't matter which era you look like your from, or what weapons you wield. You're the symbol of strength the these people. And I love you."

Odessa and I immediately blushed, turning away from each other. "I didn't mean it like that, I didn't mean for to come out, I'm sorr- ah forget it. Cat's out of the bag now." Odessa spun me around and grabbed firmly by my face and head, leaning down to kiss my lips.

This took me off guard, but eventually I accepted my fate. I leaned back into her kiss and softly grabbed her cheeks and jawline.

It was... breathtaking. Our lips being smashed into one another felt like everything I had imagined it would be - a hot mess of finally released pent-up love. After days and days of tension, the strap had been cut loose.

"I think we deserve the day, how's about we take a little break in here." Dez said softly. She picked me up from the chair and brought me over to the bed. 

She wrapped each other up in our arms, immediately making out like two wild animals fighting over a slice of meat.

And it was precisely that wild feeling. That feeling I had been missing all my life... it was now all I craved. All I hungered. And I was now in a place where I could let it consume me...