Sighting

On one hand, I am an honorable warrior that is well respected and powerful... on the other, I am a crooked gladiator, who is feared by opponents and praised by the crowd...

Either I stick true to my values, my family, my friends, and my honor...

Or the wasteland wins...

The notebook shuts as I put it down on the table... the Queen organized another set of fights, and she requested I wear my gladiator armor at least one more time.

I don my helmet and prepare for another chance to please the crowd...

___

I wandered the streets as I stared at the masses of scrap metal walls... Junkertown seemed like a ghost town now... No one was at the gate, but the door was left open. Was there some lockdown or something?

I heard the roar of a crowd as I walked towards it. Eventually, I came upon a giant colosseum like arena, holding the entire population of Junkers.

Old, young, big, really big, small... everyone was here. I down to the pit as the crowd cheered wildly for a gladiator at the bottom. He wielded two weapons that could change form at will, and he was good with them...

His fighting style reminded me of... no, no that can't be right. Y/n would never resort to this type of battle, he was strong and efficient, but he was honorable.

I watched in horror as the Gladiator speared and ensnared the bloodthirsty warriors with his spear and net, ending then one after another.

The larger-than-life Junker Queen was egging on the crowd, praising the Gladiator at any moment she could. The Flaming Blade of the Queen, she would announce as the crowd cheered.

Surely Y/n would not attend such games, I'll go check the apartment that Overwatch booked, he is the type to hide away in his room and study all sorts of combat and such.

___

Cleaning the blood from my gear, the Queen came to greet me. "Good show out there, Y/n. You're getting good at this!" She boomed, thumping my helmet. "I've been good at this." I snickered. "Confident, are we?" The Queen grinned, "Well, I'll be sure to find you some better challenges, my warrior." Dez stroked my sweaty hair as she walked away.

Kinda gross

I walked out of the holding cell to head back to the Palace. So far, only bad things have happened when I come here, but I have hope that this is going to change.

However, nearing the palace I realize that my armor is still at the apartment, so, I begrudgingly turn around to retrieve my honor.

_

Approaching the complex, I see a set of familiar faded-yellow armor complimented by the nicest Auburn hair in the lands... Brigitte.

Brigitte? BRIGITTE?

What was Brig doing here? She needed to go home... before, before... oh god... She couldn't see me like this, I still reeked of the blood... still drunk from it...

I panicked, and began to walk back to the palace.

___

"Y/n! About yay high, h/c, h/l hair, big suit of metal armor? Where is he?" I said worryingly to the clerk, who didn't seem too keen to give away Y/n's whereabouts would be.

"Fine, kid got a place in the Queen's palace... come around here sometimes, bickering with her sometimes... they usually go in the room and don't come out till mornin'." The store clerk said

"WHAT?!" My face got red as I was extremely frustrated

"Ah, don't get ya britches in a wad, I see im' now!" The store clerk pointed to a man wearing gladiator armor walking briskly around the corner of the street...

No, surely... Y/n wasn't the ruthless animal from before, right?

I dashed off from the clerk after the mystery man, hoping that it both was and wasn't y/n.

___

Oh god... this can't be happening...

I jumped in behind a small shop desk, crouching down below sight. "Oi, whaddya... The Queen's Gladiator?" The old woman cawed

"I'm terribly sorry ma'am..." My accent sounded so far removed from this land, "But I need to hide for a moment... you don't mind, do ya?" I said.

She ponders for a moment before answering, "As long as you're nice to me grand-sprog..." she says before counting a small bag of coins. I turned to see a small boy who was staring in awe at me.

"Hey there, kid." I say, turning back to the old lady. "Just let me know if you see a tall, pale woman in armor pass. Thanks!" I say ducking back down below the desk.

The young boy, still looking at me jaw open, begins to grow a smile ear to ear. I smile nervously at this boy, before I hear Brigitte's familiar voice crack through.

"Sorry to bother ma'am, but have you seen a young man wander about? He's about this tall, has h/l, h/c hair, and is kinda fair-skinned like me?" She asks worryingly to the woman.

The old woman sighs, "Sorry, hun. Haven't seen anyone like that 'round 'ere. Good luck." She says before counting the money again.

Brigitte tips a coin before wandering down a nearby alleyway, still on here hunt.

I get up cautiously from behind the counter, "Thank you ma'am. I appreciate it." I toss her a bag of coins, and give the boy a small scrap knife that I pulled off of one of the wastelanders I killed. He was ecstatic.

I walked off to the palace before Brigitte could spot me in this state.

...I don't even want to think of the ear-chewing she'd give me...

___