Chapter Ten

Chapter Ten

I still feel his lips on my skin, no matter how much the water tries to steal that bliss from me

I still feel his lips on my skin, no matter how much the water tries to steal that bliss from me. His eyes flicker through my thoughts as I gently scrub my body, my mind in another dimension than the one I'm in.

Am I invading his mind like he's doing mine?

I smile as I release a dreamy sigh, deciding to finally get out and make my way down stairs. Maybe me being alone is what's provoking these thoughts, but deep down I knew that wasn't the case. I would think about Damian even when he sat across from me.

I open the glass shower door and reach for my towel. After shutting off the rainfall showerhead, I wrapped the plush material around me. My feet touch the tile and I hurriedly rush to the room, never being able to get dressed in the bathroom directly after a shower. My pajamas lay on the bed: a tattered sweatshirt, lace panties and clean gym shorts. I quickly dry off and dress myself, putting on lotion and washing my face again after.

I claw-clip my hair and decide I'm satisfied with my routine for tonight. Leaving my obnoxiously big room, I find my way to the balcony of the penthouse where I could find everyone.

I open the double glass doors and a warm breeze greets my skin, a pleasant welcome.

Enzo sits next to Scarlett who is occupied watching the buildings across. He watches her as she does so, but she doesn't seem to mind as a small smile graces her face.

Nico turns his attention from Tristan to me as I draw closer, giving me a boyish grin.

"Ah, our woman of the hour." He points to the chair next to Damian who gives me a sly glance, noticing me as soon as I came through the doors. "Tell us, how the fuck did you get so smart?"

At this I smile, making my way to my appointed chair next to Damian. Adamos peels back from the railing back to his seat with a smirk. "She's always been this way. Beats me at everything we've ever opposed at."

He turns to look at me. "But this? Luca will be proud of you, αστέρι (star)." He gives me a nod of appreciation, and I return the gesture.

"The original plan would have gone to shit. Enzo's obviously a resourceful fucker but with me switching spots with Adamos? It wouldn't have moved as fast it did which would have been an issue." I turn my eyes to Scarlett, who I hadn't spoken to since I pitched her a proposition. "Scarlett here, is a world-renowned Tier 1 assassin. No alias. Off the grid for three years. Born in Houston, Texas but origins stem from The Honoured Society, a organized crime family out of Australia."

She claps her hands after I relay my stats on her. "Someone has done their homework." Her picturesque smile makes an appearance, beaming. "But I don't talk to Uncle Mike anymore, that fucker owes me money."