Chapter Five

Nico in mm. :)

I changed Amala's last name to Valachi and Damiano's to Dalesio. They were getting confusing and Valachi just fits her better. Sounds more exotic to me.

Chapter Five

Eating with a crime family in my unicorn slippers was not how I pictured the end of my day going. I decided against changing, and just threw on a white v-cut shirt over my sports bra. After ten full minutes of trying to remember where the kitchen was, I was welcomed with the most heartening smell. 

"It smells amazing." I spoke to myself.

"It tastes even better." I turned around to find Enzo leaning against the wall. I noticed he was very quiet when he moved, being that I rarely heard him. For that, his footing had to be amazing. A sicario, I'm guessing.  "We were waiting for you."

"I couldn't find the kitchen."

Enzo let out a small chuckle. "I can give you a tour later, help you get around better. Follow me." He look down before starting to walk, smirking at my slippers.

"Shut up."

Trailing after him, I found myself at the front of the biggest dining room I'd ever seen in my life. A chandelier floated about the massive glass table, and it now seated well over 40 men. I knew very well this was not all the soldiers in the home, yet the amount of testosterone in one room kind of shocked me. Many were talking, a few had noticed we'd entered, and that amazing smell was still filling my nose. The only seats available were those at the head at the table. I turned to Enzo in a haste to eat, "Where do I si- "

"You, my darling, sit next to me."  I looked over Enzo's shoulder to see Adamos approaching, a cheeky grin on his face. I'd completely forgotten about Adamos' new position in the family and didn't expect to see him here.

"Next to the caporegime? I'm honored." His grin widened, showcasing his two dimples. Adamos dark hair laid messily over his hair, as if he'd been sleep. But I took notice of the bags under his eyes, and the way his smile wasn't as genuine as it seemed.

"I see you've talked to Luca. How was the meeting?" 

"Interesting." Nico chipped in. "We have a lot to discuss."

"Speaking of which, where were you?" I asked in haste. Adamos was capo now, I found it strange that he wasn't at an emergency meeting called by the former Don. He mindlessly twitched his nose, a tell of his he first revealed to me as kids. He was hiding something, that was for sure. But I didn't know if I exactly needed to pry, I felt as if it was important he'd tell me. 

So for now, I let it go.

 He waved it off, and diverted his attention to Nico. I  I made my way to the last five seats available at the massive table. I sat down in the second seat to the end, knowing the very last one was reserved. I laid my napkin in my lap, tucking a strand of my hair behind ear. These were the very last pair of sweatpants I had, and I simply refused to stain them.

 Enzo, Nico, and Adamos had now taken their seats, and we were only waiting for Damian. 

Almost as if feeling his presence in the room, I looked up to see Damian staring directly at me. I could feel my body heating up, and I found myself lost in those pretty green eyes of his. As he walked closer and kept eye contact with me, I felt a hand on my shoulder. I finally tore my attention away to see who the hand belonged to. Adamos.

"Stand." He whispered. I looked around to see that I was the only person sitting. My cheeks grew hot and I quickly stood to my feet, the napkin placed in my lap now falling to the ground. Hearing a few chuckles around the room my embarrassment lingered longer. Making his way to the head of the table, Damiano continued to stand, as did we.