Dreams Come True

"Is this the last of your things?" Eomeoni asked.

"Yes." That was all I could think of saying.

"Well?" Eomeoni asked. Looking expectantly at me. I couldn't tell what she wanted from me.

*SLAP*

I caress the red angry mark left by her hand.

"Your Appa and I have gotten you so far! All of the money we could have used for your brothers tuition! All the food that could have fed you grandparents! You 씨발년! Shi-Bal-Nyeon! Who taught you to be this way? Your parents moved to Seoul so your brother could go to SNU! We brought you along and look how you treat me after I gave birth to you!" She spits each word into my face.

Bowing, I reply with a curt "도와 주셔서 고맙습니다. (Dowa jusyeoseo gomapseumnida. Thank you for your help)." And quickly snatch the last suitcase from my mother's hand and turn to the open train doors.

Finding an open seat I plop down and pull up my hoodie. As exciting as this day was, nothing really mattered. It felt good to be out of the clutches of that woman and the greasy hands of that kiss up cubical stepfather of mine.

*ding ding ding ding*

Looking down at the small white flip phone scavenged from an online private seller, I see the green notification dot light up. Opening the phone, I'm bombarded by a flood of texts from my brother and my friends.

I check to see what my brother sent me first and am welcomed by the warm text he sent as the eldest of us.

"여동생 (yeodongsaeng. little sister), I'll wire you 10,000 won. Please spend it well. I want to visit you soon! Tell me your address."

Not ready to talk to the last family member that recognizes me as a worth while being, I glance over the dozens of texts from friends who I've never met, people who don't like me, and people who only know my name. And apparently my number. All messages say the same series of words.

"Remember us well!" "Wish you great success!" and "Please come back with lots of presents."

None expresses how they'll miss me or even try to lift my spirits. I'm tired of relationships I've never asked for. The people who claim they know me but all they've ever seen was a facade. They'll eat their words sooner or later. Let's see if they know me when I'm gone.

a/n : this is a short chapter ik!! i'll try to update when i can. please enjoy!

*this story contains graphic descriptions and abuse.*