No.3

"Goodbye," she said, her eyes slowly closing. My eyes welled with tears as I watched the color fade from the person I loved dearly. Her face became pale as paper and her beautiful rosy lips became grey.

  "Goodbye," I whispered hoping that this was all a dream. But this wasn't and it never will be.  She came as a beautiful masterpiece that had shaken up my life, her soothing voice and beautiful eyes still lingered in my memory. I held her rough hand as nurses came to take me away, but I couldn't bear to be a second away from her.

I started weeping and shaking uncontrollably. My name was echoing inside my head over and over again. All of a sudden I wasn't at the hospital anymore, I saw a bright light. My walking intensified and soon I was running as fast as I could toward it. When I finally got to it I saw everyone I ever loved walking toward me shouting my name desperately. My mom, dad, sister, and finally her. She was alive! My eyes widened in shock. I forgot all about the strange light that was my only hope earlier and focused on her, Melody. I closed my eyes feeling like this all is just some kind of hallucination, but no she still stayed there with her arms open waiting for me to come and hug her.

Her golden eyes and curly brown hair were shining and her dark chocolate skin glistered and reflected the bright light. She wore a gorgeous, angelic white dress that complemented her curves nicely. I started walking toward her still not believing my eyes. Although, with every step I took she took a step back. I started running, my palms were sweaty, but I continued running not caring about anything. She looked at me again, her eyes looked serious this time, and they were filled with fresh tears.

"Please don't go, don't leave me here. I'll die without you." she pleaded. I looked at her confused. She left me, she had cancer, she left me behind. "Please don't go," she repeated sobbing as hot fresh tears escaped her mesmerizing golden eyes. The light shone brighter making my eyes sting painfully.

That's when I realized it wasn't her that was carried in the ICU; it wasn't her that was lying in the hospital bed. It wasn't her that lost her color, but me. I had cancer, I had left all of them behind, and I was the reason my family was grieving. I turned to look at it again, the light, not caring about any pain, and I understood this was my end. The end of my beginning, the end of this life. "Goodbye," I said looking back at this beautiful girl that shook my world, that made my life brighter.

"Goodbye," she said slowly fading as I pulled her close hugging her tightly hoping she would stay with me, hoping I can stay with her. Her tears soaked my shirt.

"Goodbye..."