The Night.

Terminology meanings:

Kunai*- A Japanese tool and weapon, possibly derived from the masonry trowel, used as a weapon by ninja or samurai.

Senbon needle**- Senbon are metal needles with a point at both ends. They often serve a medical purpose, being used to strike acupuncture points.

Hitai-ate headband- This is a headband composed of a metal plate and a band of cloth. Forehead protectors are worn by most shinobi and are engraved with the symbol of their hidden village.

#badassreads

It was night. The sky was a dark, nightmare black, and the silver, shining full moon was the only source of light to see. The crickets surrounding the woods chiped with gratitude as its shine illuminated everything it touched. It seemed...peaceful.

Until the footing of heavy steps disturbed the serenity.

She was running through the dense forest with soft, nimble footing. Her long, straight black hair whipped with the nipping cold wind biting at her skin. Her beautiful auburn eyes looked more like an onyx colour due to the darkness. She gripped at the hems of her frock, sad that it had to be dirtied. Her mother had gifted that to her.

This girl's name is Hari Akai. And she's currently breaking the rules by being out of bounds of the leaf village, and technically becoming a rouge ninja in the process.

The clouds covered the moon, allowing darkness into the forest. *Kunai shot out from the trees behind, with explosive paper bombs attached to their end.

Akai jumped higher into the trees as the knives simultaneously lighted up, exploded and broke down trees in the process.

The crickets had stopped chirping long ago, taking cover in their shelters.

The young girl huffed in anger; she hated the fact that the shinobi after her had to ruin the calm atmosphere around them.

Even at the age of nine, she was a fledging ninja, capable of single-handedly taking out five Jonin ninja in one go. She was still at genin level, but she deserved to be chunnin.

So why was she currently being chased by three Shinobi?

Well, mayybeee due to the fact that she escaped the borders of the Leaf Village, so sh's now considered a rogue ninja?

Yep, probably that.

But it was her resolution. She wouldn't back down. Akai didn't want to hurt anyone anymore. She wanted to escape this hell-hole, escape those chains of past wringing on her limbs. And this was the only way to do it.

Akai sped up her pace a bit, but had to abruptly stop when two shinobi blocked her path. She skid her feet to a stop. The other one caught up.

It was a showdown. Three Jonin level shinobi, versus a genin level rebel ninja girl. The odds were not in her favour.

They all took out their kunai, and circled the girl in a simple formation; one she'd been taught at the academy. She wanted to laugh; freaking adults were underestimating her and were trying to go easy on her.

But she wouldn't go easy on them.

Akai formed a few handsigns, but didn't recite them, and slipped into the shadows. The shinobi broke out of their formation, confused by her dissapearance, and started looking for the girl.

The black haired girl knew that one shinobi was hiding elsewhere, because in those few seconds she and her opponents took to observe each other, she'd noticed that there was one less man in the team.

She slipped through the thick trees silently, and spotted one man. The man didn't know what hit him when the girl slit his throat.

The shinobi looked around in confusion, noticing the shadow behind one of their fellow shinobi. Suddenly, a man started choking, gagging, and clawing at the tiny hand grasping on the man's neck. Akai winced. That immediately got her spotted, and she was somersaulted, her back painfully hitting the ground.

Akai was now on the ground, surrounded by three-no, two shinobi, and they both were unharmed.

Akai grumbled. She gathered all her chakra at her feet, just waiting for a time to escape.

The Shinobi held out their kunai...

Wait...

They adjusted themselves...

Wait....

They were about to stab Akai, holding out their kunai all behind in sync. One screamed, 'THAT WAS MY FRIEND, YOU BI***!' And they both brought down their kunai.

Pfft. Pathetic. Don't whine if a little girl killied your ally.

NOW!

She jumped high— very high— into the air, and a pair of magnificent large red wings appeared on her back, carrying her small stature. She leaped into the trees, and at once the wings withdrew.

'So this only allows me to glide...I wish sister had explained this Kekkei Genkai more better.' Thought Akai.

She pulled out a **senbon needle— a weapon which her kleptomaniac self had stolen from her older sister with great difficulty. She was in the Black Anbu Ops, the second-highest ranking in levels of ninja; just below the level of hokage.

She leapt down, the shinobi looked up, and blood splattered on the forest floor. Both the shinobi dropped dead, limp and unmoving, eyes bulging out and staring into the distance.

A figure cloaked in shadows stood in the middle of them. It was Akai herself.

She was smiling.

Yes, smiling.

It was a shocking fact that all she felt at that moment was not a wish to bring the dead people beneath her. No, it was a great feeling; one of pleasure. This feeling that gave her a daredevil feeling...

This pleasure...it made adrenaline rush through Akai's veins, wanting it more.

The crickets came out and chirped again. A cool breeze blew. The clouds withdrew and the silver moon shone again. But the only change was the festering smell of rotting flesh and the mettalic aroma of blood spreading through the forest.

A °hitai-ate headband of the leaf village lied on the ground beside the two dead bodies. The symbol upon it was cut.

A long, Senbon needle, its tip coated with blood, was thrown away into the forest, which was soon to be found by the leaf village Anbu.

The night resumed, as if nothing ever happened.