*UNOFFICIAL BOOK TEASER*

Her black hair, tied up in a high pony, swayed as she walked. The earrings in her earlobes clinked with their metal feathers. Her onyx eyes scanned the woods and straightened the crown on her head. She rummaged through the purple satchel hanging from her shoulder.

She pulled out a half-red, half-blue sphere with a large light pink crystal etched into it. In her other hand, she held what seemed like a fountain pen attached to a needle. The ink swishing inside was a deep red color, as if it were blood.

Probably because it was blood.

The girl cautiously walked through the woods. Her velvet steps silently crossed her to the spot she was going. Mist clinged to her clothing. The astronaut pendant and the star pendant shifted with her movement.

She reached the spot. Staring at the leaf-covered ground, she crouched. The girl straightened her red rimmed glasses and reached out her fingerless-gloved palm. She imagined the thing's location, buried deep into the ground, to resurface into her hands. The mist swirled around her palm and the thing– with some mud flying– shot out from the ground and was in her hand. She brushed of the mud from her pants and stood up.

In her hands was a black notebook, labelled in bold letters, 'DEATH NOTE'.

She whispered, "Hello, Ryuk."

Behind her stood a tall, bony-like creepy shinigami, with crimson eyes, black hair and bony white limbs. He bared his teeth as he asked, "How do you know my name?"

"The bigger question you must have in that godly mind of yours is probably: why can't I see your name?" She replied. She turned around, showing herself. "You can write in a Death Note with anything until it forms readeable letters, right? Even blood?"

The shinigami laughed. "Humans! Do you think you can just walk up and think you're superior to me? Do you know who I am?"

He had an uneasy feeling about the girl though.

She knew his name. He can't see her name nor her life period. She knew a rule to the Death Note even though she never was a wielder of it before. He'd never seen the girl before. She'd somehow knew Light had hidden the notebook in the forest, and knew exactly where. She wasn't scared or frightened when she saw him. Instead, she looked excited, as if something she'd planned for a long time was finally commencing.

The girl giggled. "Of course. Ryuk, a god of death or a 'shinigami' as the Japanese call it. You like apples and the previous owner of this notebook was Light Yagami. He obtained it when you purposefully dropped the notebook in the human world from the shinigami realm. It is boring and dull there, and you wanted excitement. He is Kira, but has renounced ownership from this notebook and has forgotten all his memories currently, so now I'm in so-called ownership of it. Is that right?"

"Hn. So you're no normal human."

"Uh, obviously! In fact...I'm something of a god myself..." the black haired girl muttered. "Never mind that! I want to ask a favor from you."

"A favor?"

"One that will provide alot of excitement to you, I promise. See, I'm not from this world," she opened the death note and flipped through its pages. "I want to change the fate tied between L and Light. I want to change the mourn-full future for the two clever boys. I don't want their brains to go to waste.

I'm going to change it in a different way. I'm already in the building, observing L and Light. A few tweaks and incidents is all it should take to form a new fate. But," she grinned, "It involves Light's plan to go wrong."

Ryuk raised and eyebrow. 'What does she mean?' He thought.

"You see, three divine presences have come to Japan. You, Rem and me. All three of us are connected to the Kira case. We are the cause of this. So at least one of us need to fix this. I'm going to be straightforward with you.

I'm from the future. I know how this all ended if I didn't intervene. Light would die. Misa suicided, which angered Rem. He'd blamed you for the cause. You hadn't cared, like always. This notebook would've been buried here for many millenia, until someone finds it in a future more ahead of mine.

In the end, Light's plan does go wrong. But I'm talking about him never finding the notebook again."

Ryuk guffawed. "So you mean, Light turns into Kira again? And you're going to stop it?"

She nodded. "If I did this, many people won't die. He won't die, neither will L. Sadly, his split bloodthirsty personality could still remain. So this is my favor," she closed the notebook. "When the time comes, write 'Kira' in your notebook. You'll know when. I'm sure of it."

The shinigami scratched his head. "Uh, I don't understand. If you already know so much about the death note, you should know that it won't work like that."

The girl giggled again and straightened her red rimmed glasses. Onyx eyes narrowed, she said, "Oh, Ryuk. Like I said, I'm not from here. I'm not bounded by the rules of this world, rather of mine. My imagination and thoughts can run rampant, and all it would be is just a trick of the eye. It will work. But it's necessary for you to write it and not me."

"Hn. And what if you're lying, and I kill you right now?"

"That would be troublesome. I can't be killed here because my soul is tethered to my original world. Like VR. Also, the death note won't work even if I told you my name."

The shinigami weighted his choices. Should he go with that boy, and enjoy the excitement until he dies? Or should he listen to this girl, who seems more smarter?

[♤]

This was posted as a special for my 1-year anniversary on Wattpad. This is on both my announcements and my oneshot book (Wattpad Contest Entries). No, this isn't an entry for a contest...Just a random idea I had once.

*me munching on blue cookies*