Scene Fourteen Part Two

"Go to him. He needs us." That deep feminine voice pleaded from Isis's soul.

He knew. They all did, didn't they? Adrien had never been around for a reason, because he could feel the upcoming bond. Is that why they were always around? To keep her away from him until he could... oh my goddess...

"Adrien," Isis whispered. The footsteps were approaching. Everyone was in human form now and coming for them, to make sure her mate did what he was supposed to do. "Wait!" She reached out for him, her palm making contact with his cheek. The sparks she felt was like a wave through her. Acceptance. Joy. Love. He had to feel this too.

They were coming, they were going to make him reject her.

"Please, give me a chance." She was begging. Her mind wasn't working right, but there was one thing that was clear. Her soul was pulling towards him. A spell was cast on her like all of her kind who meet their mates.

He was up and on his feet. A move made out of determination, not desire, and left her kneeling and naked at his feet.

His brethren arrived and were as close as they were going to be. A circle around her, not for support like her shift, but to bear witness to the atrocity they all conspired to set up.

As hard as it was to take her eyes off her mate, she forced her head around and made contact with every face that was hovering over her. The steely eyed expressions were blocking her from reaching them. They were refusing her basic humanity, keeping her at a distance because it was easier than negotiating the volatile waters around them.

"Please," she cried out to the crowd. "There has to be a different way! This can't be the only option..." She was reduced to sobs by the end of her plea. They were ripping away from her the one thing she was holding onto. What got her through the disinterest of her own parents, what drove her to continue on with improving herself, and they were taking all of that away from her.

The blank faces around her indicated the mindlink conversation that was excluding her. They were discussing her destiny, her mate bond, in front of her and yet without her input.

It was from behind her that she heard the words that she would fight with every fiber of her being.

"I, Adrien Blackwell..."

She launched herself from the ground and her hand impacted his face. A purely emotional injury as the likelihood of her doing any physical damage was nearly impossible in her current state. She needed him to stop, this can be fixed.

"reject you..."

The scream she released was founded in the root of raw fear. Rejection. By the one who was supposed to love you the most.

Another lunge forward, but this time strong arms slithered around her waist and shoulders, holding her back. Both legs launched in the air, one making contact with Adrien's chest. Even with an attempted kick, the bond electrified their contact, telling them that they should be together. But he wasn't going to let it persuade him. He looked down where she made contact and paused.

"I will refuse!" She yelled out, now restrained against Liam's chest. She was naked and exposed, and still fighting. Immobile but doing everything she could to hold onto this connection.

Liam sounded strained, but still in control. "It will only hurt you." His threat a plea.

"I don't want to lose this magic, please," She groaned as she tugged, trying to snap free of the arms that encased her. "Please, find another way. You are supposed to be my family when my own ignores me. You are supposed to be the one for me to rely on, to cherish, and cherish me in return. Don't make me give this up. Don't give up on me."