Chapter XXX. Heart of darkness

***I am really aware, that I'll ruin the tension of the story but I have to warn you. In this chapter, rape is described. Not in any brutal way, don't worry but if you are a sensible person, don't read it. From now on, the emotional rollercoaster of pain starts to happen. So,... sorry not sorry. I love it and I love you...***

DISTRKT SHIGANSHINA, 20th September 844

Two days later, the scouts went to their last mission before the winter. Like every year, they had the task to bring fuel and raw materials for the population to survive winter in comfort. They left early in the morning, the weather looked calm, but it changed after a few hours. Theia's head hurted so hard under the weight of thoughts and now even fear. She was guarding the walls all day and looked for them in the distance every few minutes. She almost bitten her lips and desperately watched the black clouds that stretched behind the horizon.

"Captain, you're here all day. Go to rest, we can handle that here. Still, you will not change anything by going here and there," Riko suggested. The sun was hiding under the clouds. She was sure that if they came back, then at night. The first drops of rain fell on the walls, and Theia desperately looked at the dark sky. She closed her eyes helplessly.

"Come on," she couldn't get rid of the feeling she had a year ago. After the last sun rays were hidden behind the horizon she left the walls. She returned to the base, where she stared out of the window for a few other minutes until she decided to lie down in bed. The first lightning enlightened the sky, followed by a thunder that caused the ringing of the window's glass. She curled even more. She pushed the pillow in her hands and she couldn't control the unbearable feeling of fear that gradually ate her existence. She let him leave, with doubts about everything and especially himself.

Why do we still feel that the time that is measured to us has no borders?

"Please come back to me,"...

She was awakened by the sound of the bells announcing the arrival of scouts. She opened her eyes sharply and standed up from the bed immediately to check the view from the window. The full wagons stood behind the walls and the gate was closed. She put on her long boots and grabbed a jacket that she put on a bedgown while opening the door. But behind them stood a figure, engulfed in the dark. For the first time, Levi could hear her scream. It wasn't surprising. He was soaked to the bone, he didn't know if there was more water, mud or blood. He looked into the ground and tried to keep in senses. Theia exhaled in relief and pulled him into a firm hug, ignoring the fact that he was dirty from head to heel. "I'm so happy," she hugged him firmer, but suddenly let him, measuring his conditions. "Are you not injured?" He shook his head slightly. "And your team?"

"They're all right," she breathed again and pulled him to her office so she could close the door behind him. "Do you want to bathe? I'm going to fill the tub," she noticed that something was wrong with him. He stood still, in the same place behind the door where she left him. He still stared into the ground, with wet hair in his face. "Don't you want to tell me what happened?" He shook his head again, but he reached for her. She cautiously walked to him and interlaced their fingers.

"I need you," he ran his hands to her hips and pressed her tightly. He breathed at her neck and put his head on her shoulder.

"It must have been terrible. I'm here for you," she stroked his hair. "Well, you have to undress the wet clothes," she tried to get out of his grip, but in vain.

"I need you," he hugged her even firmer until she felt that her bones break at any moment.

"You get sick if ..." unexpectedly he grabbed her chin and plunged in her mouth. Not gently, but roughly, desperately, as if his life depended on that kiss. Theia's eyes widened and she tried to push him away, unsuccessfully.