Chapter XLVIII. Evermore

The sea among the Paradis Island and the land of Hizuru, May 29, 851

"Could you stop moving around like a worm?" Levi admonished Armin angrily, during a meeting where Theia was explaining her intentions with the refugees they had rescued from slavery. She suddenly stopped speaking, looking at him worried and Levi painfully closed his eyes to massage the area between his eyebrows, trying to hide his irritation from the drug. Armin looked down in shame.

"Sorry, I'm just wondering if it's a good idea for us to draw so much attention to us," Armin began in a shaky voice.

"What do you mean?" Theia looked up at him, observing the face, Armin still hid from her eyes.

"This way we probably won't convince the people outside that we are not devils," he stated, which caught the attention of the silent Eren.

"Armin, do you really feel that when we explained it to a few people outside, something would change? Do you think anyone would even listen to you?" Theia leaned back in her chair and raised her eyebrows. "Nice to meet you, we are completely ordinary Eldians from Paradis. My name is Theia Ackerman, I have the blood of almost a thousand people on my hands. Meet my husband, Levi Ackerman, who is an adequate replacement for the entire army, his distant relative Mikasa Ackerman, a very friendly, innocent woman. Of course, we can turn into titans and eat entire civilizations. On top of all that, we can destroy you with Rambling at any moment, because next to you is the founding titan standing, and right next, there is a completely harmless colossal titan that will destroy the entire city. Otherwise, we are quite a peaceful nation, we like to drink tea, sing and do all the usual things that you do, too. We believe that we will get along well," Theia smiled wryly and Levi rolled his eyes after she finished her tale. Armin looked at her with horrified eyes as her smile fell. "There will not be a day when people outside think we are not enemies. No matter what we do, no one will understand what we are like. No one will understand our intentions, and on the other hand, our intentions are selfish, just like theirs. We want to protect our land and words will definitely not save us, because there is no one who wants to listen to us, Armin," after Theia's words, Levi took a breath and looked out the window at the approaching island.

"After the Four Nations War ends. All eyes will turn to us. I don't think you'll find anyone asking our opinion before they attack us, to take back the colossal and founding titan, like they did, when they destroyed the walls six years ago. They're just going to kill us and it's up to us whether we let them destroy us or defend ourselves," Levi stated in a low voice and couldn't help but want to return as quickly as possible to the base of the survey corps unit, where during their journey beyond the borders of the island, Kiara's nannies were in charge. He wanted to hold her again and know that she is in his hands and safe.

"Like this, killing never ends," Jean stated sadly. The cabin was again engulfed in silence for a moment, and the gazes of all present were fixed on the floor.

"What about going along with Zeke's plan?" Suggested Connie, but Theia sighed.

"I would like to avoid that. Rambling would cause the death of many innocents,"

"And war is a better solution?" Jean interrupted her.

"I was thinking. If it is possible to cause Rabling with the help of Zekke, is it possible to control the titans like he did with the Titans from Ragako, or like you Eren did with your father's ex-wife? It doesn't mean that..." she paused for a moment to collect her thoughts. "Couldn't the Titans just be wiped off the world?" She asked and all eyes focused on Eren. "I mean something like... ban Eldians from turning into Titans, wouldn't that be possible?" After her question Eren lowered his gaze to observe his hands.