Chapter XXXVII. Against you

"That bitch cooperates with underground rats? How could she do that in such a short time? But if she thinks it will help her..." Richard indicated to his guard to run into flying dust. But that was cut by the long stick which was held by laughing Theia. She jumped out of the building and hit the first enemy directly into the head. She bounced off his shoulders and with the help of the gear she jumped comfortably on her feet. She turned on the heel and hit another man in the throat. He disorientingly hit the wall of the building from which she jumped and she kicked him in the stomach. She grabbed his hair, pulled and again hit him in a sensitive place under the ribs. As soon as the enemy hit the ground, poisoned arrows hit them, so they were no longer able to get up. Theia rolled her weapon between her fingers and put it on her shoulder while a sarcastic smile didn't vanish from her face. The other guards stopped in horror. Just behind her back, appeared a large group of underground thugs, led by Asher and his crossbow charged with poisoned arrows, who waved the index finger from side to side, as a sign of disagreement with the guard's actions.

"Don't worry Richard. I pay off your kindness and I will take care of you well," he saw a clear mockery in Theia's eyes. He gripped his teeth. In front of his feet, the soldiers kneeled and headed their weapons to the group. However, all the members of the underground gang suddenly disappeared as smoke and hid in the dark streets of the city that were their home. Every corner, every building or hiding place was known by them so much, how the aristocrat with blue blood could not even imagine. Only Theia remained, who stabbed the anchors of her equipment and got to the air. Some soldiers pointed their guns higher, but she switched in the air, so the bullets just missed her hair which were flying in the underground breeze. Even in the flight, she pulled out the dagger unnoticed, pointed and threw directly to Marybell's forehead. But it bounced off the blade of the Levi's sword, who experiencedly protected him. He stood in front of Richard with a rough expression on his face. Theia smiled and hit the ground again. She ran, jumped up, and kicked the gun of the one of the soldiers out of his hands. She turned the stick between her fingers and plunged into soldier's face. The man fell to his knees and two teeth dropped out of his mouth. Before the others managed to react, they were covered by a shower of arrows pointing to the limbs. Theia's gaze dropped to the man below her. He pulled out the dagger, but she kicked him into her stomach, turned the dagger in his hands and pierced his palm brutally. Two frightened soldiers standing next to the injured colleague pulled out the swords. One of them was disarmed by Theia, immediately by a well-aimed attack to the head. Another one, she kicked and pierced his leg with her stick. Panic paralyzed a royal group that didn't expect such rough resistance. All remaining soldiers were immediately pulled by the hands of Theia's comrades, who captured them into the darkness of the underground. She walked by a peaceful step to Marybell, but Levi stood in front of him. She stopped and smiled.

"Are you really going to attack me, Levi?" She looked into his cold eyes. She stabbed the anchors, got into the air, and in an incredible speed, she got right in front of Levi. Her stick was stopped again by his sharp blade and their gazes met in dangerous closeness. "Where the words about never leaving me disappeared, ha?" Her smile, that sarcastic, insincere smirk, drove him crazy. It seemed to him that something like this just didn't belong to her face.

"Are you really afraid of single, weak women!?" Richard, with his loud voice, woke Levi up to reality. Theia laughed and bounced off Levi's sword. With the help of the gear, she avoided the attack of the guards. "Levi, bring her to me," Richard said between his teeth. Levi raised an irritated look at him.

"I won't be able to defend you..."

"If you don't bring her to me alone, I will not be responsible for what can happen to her," his eyes of anger pierced Levi. "You want to protect her, don't you?" His voice was calm, as if there was no battle with an underground gang. Levi sighed, firmly holding his sword in both hands, while the underground gang managed to defeat his new comrades. He stepped forward and realized very quickly that Theia probably forbade them to fight him. They all avoided him as a disease. Except for one small detail. He stepped back to avoid the attack of the fighting stick that hit the soil. Theia bounced off it and jumped on her feet. She threw the stick into the air, grabbed her between her fingers and got to Levi by using her gear. He jumped after her trying to hit his legs. He turned in the air, trying to kick her, but Theia used her wrist, from which the long wires uncurled. They immediately wrapped around Levi's ankle and she pulled. Levi fell to the ground and pulled the wire firmly to straighten it and he cut it with a sword.