Chapter 2

So I was able to get together with them. Ashley was out, running errands.

"Jacob, have you asked God about this vibrating pulse that's making it happen?" Jared asked me.

"I haven't thought about that, Jared. It's been a while since I prayed to the Lord," I answered.

"Maybe it was Him who probably did that," May said.

"Why would it be Him? If it was God, why did it creep me out in the first place?"

"I was just giving ideas, Jacob. You asked for ideas."

"I shall keep it in mind."

"God will let you know why this scared you."

"I know, but thank you for those ideas. Maybe I shall get in touch with God as soon as you leave," I told them.

"I never have been scared of God until now after what you said about the vibrating pulse," I told them.

"Maybe Ashley can help with ideas too," May told me.

"I don't know about her, but it's another good suggestion."

So they stayed for a while longer, talking about this vibrating pulse.

"We can pray now," May said.

"I'm fine with that," I told her.

So I let her go first.

"Father, please help us find ways from why You let this happen at Jacob's nightclub.

"We all have to be scared of something, but how could it be You that's letting this happen?

"We need to figure out why You did this.

"We know You have a reason for everything and everyone of us. Some of us have to figure it out.

"Maybe You chose the nightclub that Jacob works scare him.

"Do You think Jacob will have to quit his job after what happened recently?

"Some people have been doing this, and please do Jacob a favor and protect him from others if they did this pulse.

"A lot of Your children have asked You to protect them from something.

"In Jesus's Name, Amen."

Both Jared and I repeated the word Amen.

I offered to give my friends a drink and snack, and they accepted.

"Thank you, Jacob," Jared said.

"No problem. Be happy to do it again."

"Do you ever write prayers to God when something like this happens?" my friend asked me.

"I don't write them often."

"Maybe you should do it more often so God can see what He has planned," he said.

"It's Ashley that does the prayer writing," I told him.

"Oh."

"I will see what I can do to get in touch with the Father. He knows everything."

We heard Ashley drive into the garage.

"I shall go see if she needs help."

"Take your time, Jacob."

I disappeared from the kitchen table to greet my wife.

"Need help, Ash?" I asked.

"I didn't buy much, but thank you anyway. Are May and Jared still here?"

"At the kitchen table. Are you sure you don't need any help?"

"Yes, I am."

Ashley saw our friends and gave both of them a hug.

"Want to join this conversation, Ashley?" Jared asked.

"In a few minutes. What's the subject?"

"Vibrating pulse," May answered.

"That's what we talked about earlier."

"She's right. You can join."

"I will in a few minutes."

So we let her take as much time as she needed.

And once again I asked them if they needed anything else, but they said no thank you. I was fine with that.

Ashley joined us.

"Tell me why you guys are here."

"There's nothing wrong being over here, is there?" May asked.

"Of course not. We enjoy your company."

"Good," Jared said.

Ashley wanted another reminder on what we were talking about again.

"I didn't get much detail on that dream of yours, Jacob. I'm still interested in why you had May and Jared over."

"I wanted them here because they might have ideas on why this vibrating pulse was involved," I told my wife.

"What does it have to do with May and Jared?"

"I don't know. Tell her what you came up with," I told them.

"We thought it could have been the Lord that made this happen with the pulse."

"I haven't thought of that one."

"That's what I told them," I said.

So the four of us changed the subject to something else after we told Ashley what she missed out earlier.

At the moment God could wait. He's a very patient person for someone we can't hear in person.

After our conversation, the four of us got up from t he kitchen table and headed to the front door.

They needed to get home and finish running errands.

"Let us know what you came up with for the nightclub dream," he told me.

"You will know. Have a good rest of your day."

Ashley and I decided to stay by the front door to make sure they left the house safely, which we did.

We are happy to have May and Jared as friends.