The Mayors Brother

"Come on Mary!"

Squealed Drake. Mary's older brother by one year. Even though their mother had died after just giving birth to her, they still loved each other closely. Unfortunately, their father greatly blamed himself for it, and was unable to help his children best through it. It was only until one day, that all changed.

Mary and Drake were going to graduate on this very day, but even on the brightest days can darkness overcome..

There was a weird scent that filled Mary's nose, She looked up and saw smoke, it quickly began to burn into fiery flames. Instead of running away from fear, she stood still, frozen. The flare began to make the Branch break, and as it was falling, Drake pushed her out of the way and the burning branch fell on him instead!!

His back was burned for life, as the doctor could not be able to heal his wounds due to ointments low, so only the minor small burns were healed. Drake immediately sought vengeance after Mary, with only Hatred and Darkness filling his mind and Thoughts. He fled, for he never wanted to see Mary or Anyone ever again, from the Town Of Sparks.

Then one day, he returned, only as a loner. Mary didn't recognize him at first, until Drake dragged her into a nearby alleyway, removing his hood to show the scarred face from the burns.

"D-Drake?!"

Mary shrieked, shocked at first, but then her gaze softens as she sees her older brother, Drakes face only hardens as he stares at his Sister.

"You took EVERYTHING away from me! So now...ILL MAKE SURE YOU FEEL THE SAME!!!"

Drake roared, before setting a bunch of hay down in front of Mary, lighting it quickly with some stones before Mary could move. Drake immediately ran off, hoping that she would burn quickly, but that was not the case...

Wilmer had heard a scream, he noticed no one else had and shrugged it off, before he suddenly heard it again. He recognized the scream from Mary, with this in mind, he sped off his heels and ran towards an alleyway where the screaming came from.

"Mary!!"

Mary looked up from crouching down and saw Wilmer standing there, Horor scanned over his face. "Wilmer!!! Please, help me!!" Begged Mary, scared where to put her body, "H-Hang on!" Wilmer yelped, worried about Mary dearly. He then found an old flat piece of wood and slammed it in the midst of the flames. "Quick Mary, Run!" Wilmer cried, Mary took a deep breath before gathering her courage to run across. She took one big leap and then quick ones to get across, once down, Wilmer led Mary towards the Village in safety. Eventually, some citizens came in to help, and the fire was shortly stopped,

"A-Are you alright Mary?" Wilmer asked shyly, Mary opened her eyes and saw that she was holding Wilmers arm really tight, "Oh, yes I am! T-Thank you for saving me Wilmer.." She replied, giving Wilmer a big hug, "N-N-No problem.." Wilmer stuttered, unsure of why his cheeks were heating up, showing a light pink color. Wilmer quickly embraced Mary's hug, enjoying her comfort, as Mary opened her eyes, she saw Drake flee once again. She sighed deeply, praying that he would find happiness to wherever he went.

From on then, Mary hasn't seen him since, and hopes to not to. So far, nothing too terrible has happened, besides letting in the emberites, the fire, and the diamonds, nothing too terrible happened. After several years, it seemed there wouldn't be no more evil in The Town of Sparks.
If only she knew what evil and Darkness
was coming.........

                ......Evil has Returned....