Chapter 1: A Long Waited Arrival

It has been years, since Lina and Doon have came out of Ember. It almost seemed like a distant memory now. Lina had a permanent job as a messenger now, delivering messages and packages to here and there. Doon had created so many inventions, that he is starting his own business with a large group of people that have been interested. Lizzie hasn't been fond in finding a boyfriend for around two to three years since. So far, everything has been peaceful and good. Everyone seemed normal, except for a certain young man..

Doon Harrow was a kind but serious boy, yes he did have anger issues, but that was only when he was really mad. Doon was pretty mature about keeping his anger issues down, after seeing the outcomes of it. He wasn't always angry though, he was well known for being a smart boy and fixing things from here to there. And if that wasn't enough, his looks were. With Jet black hair that fluffed out in the middle, and brown majestic eyes. Not just that, but he sure was fit. Since the escape of Ember, he had even grown quite well built. But even the serious boy had a soft side, only for his father and a specific brunette with blue eyes.

Lina, her beautiful brown hair along with her oceanic blue eyes, she even kept a nice body despite her long legs and arms. To Doon's surprise, he often found himself staring at Lina sometimes, he couldn't figure out why however. His mind would even stop working when he was around Lina, he would even stutter his own words! Doon would even feel his own heartbeat when he saw her smiling at him, like the whole world stopped for a moment. Then he figured it out, he was in love with Lina!!

Doon didn't want to believe it at first(so he wouldn't break their friendship obviously), but then he accidentally pinned her against a wall after Lizzie had pushed him by accident(NOT). Doon then felt his cheeks heating, being so close to Lina, it made him feel, better somehow...

After realizing he was blushing, Doon got off of Lina so she could leave, Lina immediately took foot and chased Lizzie swiftly. Doon stood there for a second, admiring at her, sighing in awe. He found himself smiling, joy completing him in every way possible. He then thought of something, what if he made something for Lina before confessing to her? He then remembered that she still lived with Mrs. Murdo and Poppy, he could build her a house possibly, and fill it with anything she liked.

"I will be leaving for at least a couple of months! I shall return, my friends!" Lina announced, telling her classmates and friends from Ember, soon enough she came to Doon, a huge smile across her face. Lina brought Doon into a big hug, leaving Doon flustered for a moment. He looked at her softly before his eyes closed as he embraced her. "I'll miss you.." Lina murmured, her voice filled with worry, "Don't worry Lina, I'll be okay. Just focus on your Message and come back, like you always do." Replied Doon, lifting Lina's face upwards gently, staring at her softly. "D-Doon? Your squeezing me a bit hard." Lina winced, Doon immediately realized and dropped her gently, "I-I'm so sorry Lina!!! I didn't even know I was squeezing you that hard!" Yelped Doon, worry sprang on his face, Lina giggled softly at him being kind. "Its okay Doon, I'm fine. Thank you, I hope to see you soon." Lina replied to Doon, smiling as she turned to go, "To you as well!" Doon yelled, smiling as he saw her leave. 'I'll tell you everything..I promise my Love.'

After Lina had left, Doon had started to plan what he would do for her before his confession. He decided that he would build her a two story house, the walls would be painted white with Purple lilacs. He had asked Kenny and Torren if they wanted to help, and they did on the weekends when they were off. Most of the months Lina was gone, Doon was determined to build the house all day and night, sure he was worn out, but he wanted it to be perfect. "Doon, you should really take a break, me and Torren can finish it while your resting." Kenny asked, his voice filled with worry for Doon, "N-No, it's fine Kenny. I can do this, you and Torren take your break." Doon answered, hammering in a piece of wood.

Finally when it was nearly finished, Lina finally arrived at the Town of Sparks. "Lina's back!" Someone shouted, Doon suddenly got out of the new-built house, went to his father's and got into a white sweatshirt with some jeans and a Navy Jacket. Then on his way to the village, he got a mix of purple lilacs and light purple tulips. He hoped this would all be worth the waiting and work he spent for her, "Lina I'm so glad your ba-"

Doon froze, his words vanishing from his mouth as he saw what would and could kill him eternally.

A guy with Light orange hair, was holding Lina close to him. Doon's eyes stared in horror as he saw her laughing to the guy, tears about to come out. It was only until Lina came closer, that Doon came out of the stage of fear he was in. "Are you okay Doon? You seem worried.." Asked Lina as she walked up to him. Doon shook his head out of his thoughts, "Oh, I'm okay Lina, just glad to see you back is all."

"Okay...Anyways, I want you to meet someone! This is Kai, my...uhm, boyfriend" replied Lina as she hugged Kai's arm.

A boyfriend....Im too late..