Chapter 9

I run to the Cornucopia, while looking for a bow and a quiver of arrows. I finally see one beside a black bag. I grab a bow, a quiver of arrows and a black bag. Then I hear footsteps behind me, I turn around and get an arrow ready. It's Clove.
"Duck," she says.
I do as she says and she throws at knife into the girl from 3's chest.

"Where's Cato, Glimmer and Marvel?" I ask.
"Making our job a lot less harder," she says.
They're killing people? I mean, of course, but how long will it be until they kill me? But what if Cato kills me? What if he's been lying to me the whole time.

Then I see Marvel running after Peeta and Rue, who are running to the woods.
"No!" I shout.
I run after Marvel, but I end up passing him and I catch up with Peeta and Rue. I'm not going to let a Career kill some of my friends. The only people that are my friends in this arena are Peeta, Cato and Rue. Clove is sort of my friend, but I don't fully trust her.

Peeta, Rue and I set up camp after about twenty minutes of walking.
"What happened to you being a Career?" Peeta asks me.
"I don't want to leave Cato, but I don't trust the other three. Marvel was going to kill two of my friends," I say.
"I'm happy you're with us," Rue says.

"I am too," I say.
I see that Peeta has a sword and Rue has a bag full of medical supplies, herbs and bread rolls. I see what I have in my bag and I have: night vision sunglasses, water bottles with water, a blanket, rope, dried meat and cheese buns.

Cato, I think, I hope that you're not mad that I left you when I see you again. Trust me, I'll see you again.

It's a short chapter, I know.
But the next chapter will be in Cato's POV.