𝙳𝚊𝚠𝚗 𝙾𝚏 𝚃𝚑𝚎 𝙽𝚎𝚠 𝙴𝚛𝚊

It's been two decades since the Fourth Shinobi Ninja War and a new generation of shinobi have been raised in peaceful times

It's been two decades since the Fourth Shinobi Ninja War and a new generation of shinobi have been raised in peaceful times. Of course the road to becoming a shinobi is never an easy one and ensuring that those who are worthy should be granted by the title that ensures greatness is even harder. No one knows this struggle better than the Sixth Hokage of the Village Hidden in the Leaf, Kakashi Hatake.

Every year The Academy conducts a review on all its senior year students, an important duty that falls to the Hokage himself. As much as he would wish to hand it down to the Seventh Hokage, Naruto Uzumaki, he would rather see how far their potential has traveled in the past two years as students himself.

"Are you really sure about this?" Shikamaru Nara groaned as he watched the Sixth Hokage lift his legs off the table and grab the file from his advisor's hands.

"Lighten up a little. It's just a simple assessment on the kids," Kakashi remarked.

"That's the very thing I'm afraid of. How would you feel if the Sixth Hokage just suddenly dropped into your family home and started asking you questions about school?" The head of the Nara clan sighed as he pinched the bridge of his nose and shook his head. "Just leave the review to the instructors."

"Well I could but... where's the fun in that?" the silver-haired man smirked beneath his mask and he made a beeline for his office door as he waved his arm goodbye to the disappointed advisor.

"What a drag," Shikamaru sighs as he catches the file Kakashi flung back at him as soon as he exited the room.

"The very least you could do was actually open it," he muttered, hoping that he wouldn't have to be called back to the Sixth's office. All the walking he had to do between Kakashi's and Naruto's office was giving him leg cramps.