𝚂𝚞𝚛𝚙𝚛𝚒𝚜𝚎 𝚃𝚎𝚜𝚝 𝙾𝚗 𝚃𝚑𝚎 𝙵𝚒𝚛𝚜𝚝 𝙳𝚊𝚢?!

Boruto never thought he would sweat so hard on the first day of school

If there's one thing he knows about his homeroom teacher from drunken banter, his mother would engage in with her best friends when they had their sleepovers, it's that Tenten loves physical tests as much as she loves ninja tools and what she was about to present to them exactly that as they stood in the school's training hall.

Tenten's eyes glinted with excitement  as she pulled out a pair of average-sized scrolls from the pouch she kept attached to her hip.

"In each of my hands is a summoning scroll, and as you can see, they identical on the outside," she said, unrolling the scrolls, revealing that they were unwritten on.

The scrolls themselves had a thin red line running through their centers.

The students began to narrow their eyes and study them closely. Tenten promptly closed both scrolls and placed them back into her pouch.

"I've hidden two scrolls just like this. It's simple, find any one of the scrolls and present it to me by the end of the day to consider yourself the new class presentative, but here's the catch," she said with a more sinister smile invaded her face." Once you take a peek, you automatically take yourself out of the running."

Shikadai threw his head back and yawned. "Seems easy enough."

The students began grumbling in excitement before Tenten threw a smokebomb to her feet.

"Good luck," her voice echoed throughout the classroom.

And just like that, the race was on. The kids did the most sensible thing and searched every desk within the room, but of course, their homeroom teacher wasn't the type to make a challenge so easy.

Some kids were already in the hallway, checking behind every painting and water fountain.

Shikadai sighed and grabbed Boruto by the collar, dragging him away from the search party.

"We won't cover any ground by moving with the crowd. We need to start somewhere more sensible," Shikadai said, making the face of confusion on the blond sink deeper.

"The faulty room dummy. If I was a teacher, I would store all my valuables there," he groaned as he let go of the other boy and ran towards their destination.

Sarada watched the two boys disappear down the hallway and began grinding the gears in her head.
There was no way that either one of them found a scroll so soon. If anything, Boruto would have taken the opportunity to brag about it. But even if they found either one of them, finding their new sensei would be a challenge. It was too late to run up to the jonin level kunoichi. Her double bunned head was already thinking of where to hang out for the rest of the day away from any students, so naturally, she wouldn't be in the school right now.

It was either you successfully fulfilled one task and failed at the other. Perhaps she should adopt the idea of working with a companion.

Taking a step back from her peers, searching for her brown haired friend, she unexpectedly stumbled into a purple-braided ponytailed girl in a white collared violet dress.

"Sorry!" Sarada yelped as she turned around to face the girl.

Her purple eyes widened as she waved her hands and profusely apologized.

"There's no need for that. I was just clumsy," she said in a meek voice. "I'm always clumsy."

"You shouldn't day that about yourself. Always hold your head high, even when you make a mistake, " the black haired girl said as she extended her hand towards the girl and pushed her glasses up the bridge of her nose with the other.

"I don't think I've ever seen you before," the Uchiha girl poundered as she stared the plain faced girl.

"I'm Sumire Kakei," she blurted out as she took her hand and gave it a gentle grip.

"Sarada Uchiha."

"Oh, I'm so sorry, I'm just really out of it today. I hope I didn't offend you."

Sarada put her hand on her hip and gave a small side wave to the other girl.

"No way. In fact, I should be glad to bump into you. I was looking for Chōchō but it seems that she has other plans. "

"Then can I team up with you instead," Sumire said as her eyes lit up in excitement.

Sarada nodded. "What's the harm in making a new friend at the beginning of the school year?"

"Friend? What we hardly know each other," the purple eyed girl said in a worried tone.

"We'll get to know each other as we meet up. Now come on," she said as she led the way to the school's entrance.

"I've got a pretty good idea of where to start looking for those scrolls."