Chapter 15

I had decided on the black dress with a pair of gold heels

Maddie was currently sitting on my desk stool with her hair in front of her head with it nicely styled in a braid crown.

“Time.” I yell from across my bedroom as I began looking for my cellphone. I could never find that thing. 

It was either in my pocket or somewhere over the rainbow.

“Five fifty five.” Maddie reads slowly as she checks my clock. 

I freeze. Wasn’t the dinner supposed to be at six.

“Mads.” She turns around with my matching expression. “Yep.” 

As if I’m synch, me and Maddie start hopping on one foot trying to shove shoes on.

My other one is almost on before Maddie bumps my hip causing me to almost roll my ankle.

But all is fair in shoes putting on and war.

My second shoe is finally on and I look over to see Mads finishing on her last shoe.

I quickly grab my phone and small black leather purse with a gold chain.

“Go go go go.” I say as I circle my hands waving for Maddie to exit the room.

We ran out of my room and sped down the hallway. I almost tripped running like seven times in that stretch.

We get to the stairs railing and having the same thought we jump up onto the handle rail and slide down the wood paneling like it was a twisty slide at the park.

Sloping and sliding we finally reach the bottom and run out way over to the coat rack.

“Keys keys keys.” I say talking to myself debating which car to take.

“Just grab one.”Mads yells. “Sorry gez.” I say to the sassy nine year old.

I grab the keys to our jeep. No we weren’t off roading any time soon but I had decided that it was the only one that had gas.