Lights out

***

"Hi guys, you okay?" 

"Hi mate, what's your name?" Ron asked as he greeted new boy Tom with a half-arm hug. As if Maya hadn't already introduced him in front of the whole villa.

"Tom"

The islanders crowded around the newcomer quickly wanting to welcome him into the villa, especially the girls. He was the shiny new toy for them to interview and inspect.

Whilst waiting their turn Jonathan entertained Cherry by hovering his hand over the fire pit and moving his hand dramatically as if he was blowing the fire away instead of the wind. It was a comical and childish sight that cameras zoomed in on, but Cherry couldn't help the smile that stretched across her face. It was true what they said men never truly grow up.

"Hello love, I'm Tom" 

Cherry was pulled out of her thoughts as Tom finally reached their corner, "Hello! It's nice to meet you"

"What's your name, beautiful?" Tom flirted as he tried to lock his eyes onto hers. 

"Cherry" 

"I'm Jonathan! nice to meet you" Jonathan greeted whilst simultaneously throwing his arm around Cherry's shoulders. She didn't notice, of course, it was crazy how quickly she had become accustomed to his affectionate side. Whenever he was near Jonathan always had to have some form of physical contact with her no matter how small it was.

"How are you doing?" Tom asked his eyes fluttering around the girls who seemed to swarm to him like flies to a light. They were all interested in the new boy but Cherry noticed how close Olivia seemed to hover over him as if it was to stake her claim.

"Well girls, do you want to have a chat?" 

"Yeah, of course" they replied and followed his lead in a flurry of heels. 

The boys watched from the daybeds with frowns on their faces as Tom took the girls off to chat before chatting with them. He hadn't followed the normal standard protocol of Love Island and it irked them all.

Cherry followed mindlessly behind the others, unaware that Tom had slowed his steps down to fall in sync with her shorter ones. The boys watched as he helped Cherry up the two steps letting his hand linger on her skin for a second too long. She also wasn't aware that Tom pulling the girls for a chat first wasn't something that normally happened, she had never watched the show before. 

"What do you boys think?" 

"He's a good-looking lad, isn't he?" Kai mumbled in worry his eyes set on the man of the hour as he chatted up their girls.

"So how are you guys in your couples, like..." Tom asked his eyes trailing to his left and right, he was beyond lucky to have a gorgeous woman on both sides of him, fully attentive and engaged.

"Everyone's still getting to know each other like it's not..."Tanya laughed trailing off as her eyes took him all in.

"Yeah...you've got to be"

"How tall are you?"

"6,5" Tom smiled knowing being tall was a quality all the girls loved.

"Wow!"

"I like to be the little spoon though" he commented getting a laugh from the majority of girls, Cherry could relate she loved being the little spoon.

"Your far too big for the little spoon" Lana laughed, she was definitely liking the look of Tom.