Chapter 3: Perfect Mrs Sinclair

Keira's POV
What makes a wedding worth talking about?

I'm starting to feel the wedding pressure. It's not the usual pressure to make sure everything works out. It's the pressure to make this wedding the best money can buy. While I'm not alone in it, I am expected to make the final decisions. Two of the best wedding planners in France have been brought in and unfortunately, they don't get along. They argue and insult each other at every opportunity.

I have fazed out since they started arguing. I'm looking through their ideas. It's times like this that I wish my mother would be here. She had excellent taste in such things. I'm only learning how to do these things on my own. I have simple taste. I'm not complicated. If it's pretty and it moves my heart then I love it. But Theo Sinclair is not a simple man. He has to show off. He wants the whole world to know he's marrying me and he wants to do it in style.

So what makes a wedding worth talking about?

For starters, scandal attached to it. Everyone is waiting for this wedding because a certain eligible bachelor who happens to be a billionaire and descends from royalty is marrying a woman who had a scandalous affair with a former billionaire. They want to know how the story unfolds for that woman. Scandal alone makes this wedding worth talking about.

What do royal weddings have in common? Simplicity. Glamorous simplicity. Nothing out of this world will be seen in a royal weddings. But the groom to be is anything but simple! So what is the edge? Diamonds? Gold? Glamour? Golden carriages? A fairytale! Yes! We should sell a fairytale! It's perfect! We are in France! It's supposed to be romantic! The traditional colour is white and peach roses. I'm moving away from that to give them something red... something tragically romantic... something worth talking about.

I continued to make my notes as they continued to argue.

I looked up and saw him watching from above. He is an interesting man no doubt. His emotions are as deep and wild as a raging sea. He goes off as fast as he can walk away from a situation he doesn't want to touch. I offered him a smile that he returned fleetingly. Mrs Sinclair should be perfect. That is what he wants. Perfection. But I'm not perfect. I'm severely flawed. I'm like a reflection on a broken mirror on the inside. I'm still crying over Nick. I'm still mourning my family's sudden death. Yet I'm expected to pull myself together and be perfect Mrs Sinclair.

"Ladies." They are still going at it. Theo is laughing to himself. No doubt he wants to see how I settle things. I'm not big at shouting. I think people have ears that work just fine. They just need to hear what is necessary to get their attention. "You are both fired."

They stopped arguing at once. I gathered what is mine from the table and I walked away. My personal assistant followed at once. He kept in toe with my quick long strides.

"Mademoiselle! Wait!" They chased after me but I don't care for their arguing. Jake stopped them and I escaped into the solitude of the upper floors. Theo is no longer where he was standing. Sometimes he's like a ghost in this house. You see him and all of a sudden he's gone.

"Should I get more wedding planners?" Jake asked me.

"How did you get this job as my assistant?"

"I applied for it."

I find it strange that Theo hired a man to be my personal assistant. He looks like the savagely jealous type or maybe it's because Jason and Nick were both jealous types and I expect Theo to be the same way. "Okay." I shrugged. "I don't want any more wedding planners. I'll do this on my own. Sit down." We settled in a little nook with bay windows facing the maze garden. "First things first, we pick a date. We need to work towards something. Ideas?"