Chapter 13: A Big Red Bow

Keira's POV
I hated my youthful career as a model. My mother was all over me for every little thing. I wasn't allowed to eat sugar or slouch. I was expected to be perfect all the time. I know she loved me but I wish she would have asked me what I wanted.

I'm back to that life but as an adult.

I succumbed to blackmail just to keep Nickolas from finding out about his ten month old twins. I can't deal with him when he's like that. He is hostile and unreasonable.

I told Sinclair that I'm meeting Marianna in Amalfi. That is true. But I didn't mention the photoshoot and for good reason. He won't approve of magazine spreads of me in little bikinis.

My breasts are nearly overflowing from the bikini top. It's a sizzling collection. I have asked for Marianna but she is not here yet. They say she shows up when she wants to show up. That sounds like her.

I studied my reflection in the mirror, turning to look at my backside.

"Are you sure that you just had babies recently?" A man's voice startled me.

I turned quickly to see Nick's grandfather. I met him in Italy when Nick took me to his house. I quickly picked up a robe and put it on.

"Mr Balotelli, good evening."

"Good evening bambina. It's lovely to see you after a long time. May I come in?"

"Yes of course."

I'm in a tent pitched by the beach. This section is reserved for this shoot. There's only one chair. I offer it to the older man. He took a seat and I stood by the dresser.

"I remember the first time you visited, Maria mistook you for a model. You still look like one."

I smiled fleetingly. "Thank you sir."

"I won't bore you with small talk. I don't approve of your marriage to Sinclair and I do not support your lie about the children."

Marianna told someone. She didn't keep her word. I became worried at once. This is now the fourth person to know. Jake, Bea, Marianna and Gio. Probably the fifth of Bruce knows. This isn't a secret anymore! Anyone of them can tell Nick.

"She told you."

"She didn't have to." He has a serious expression on his handsome face. "Anyone paying attention will put the dots together bambina."

"Have you told anyone?"

"Not yet. It's been eating me up since Maria confirmed it. I haven't slept bambina. I have great grandchildren and I am being deprived of them. It's upsetting. How much longer will I be upset bambina? Hmmm? Tell me."

"I can't answer that question without lying to you."

"Fair enough." He stood up. "I'll just show up at the chateau and I'd like to see your husband stop me. But the way, I invited Nicko to the shoot. I hope you don't mind."

I mind very much.

They are ganging up on me. Sinclair can forgive the occurrence of this shoot but Nickolas being here will stir up trouble.

As soon as he left Marianna arrived. She must see the frustration in my eyes. "Ciao bella. Why the long face?"

"You told your father."

"He already knew it." She held her hand at her waist. "Let's see the bikini."

I dropped the robe. She mattered something in Italian and clapped her hands. "Perfecto! Bellisima! Dio!" She continued to rant in Italian while I stared at her.