chapter 2

Seaneedle and Rootpaw walked into the camp with a golden tom who was carrying two kits.

"This tom says he was exiled from his clan and he has no where else to go" Seaneedle told her.

She turned to look at the tom. "What's your name?" Moonstar asked.

He set his kits down. "My name is Rustdapple I was exiled from Jumpclan and I was hoping to join Soupclan".

She tilted her head. "Why were you exiled?" She asked.

Rustdapple dipped his head. "My leader didn't like the idea of half clan cats or cats from any other clans so I was exiled from my clan for having a cross clan relationship" Rustdapple answered.

"Then why didn't you go to your mate's clan?" Moonstar asked.

"Dustclan can't support any more cats" Rustdapple answered.

She understood this from Dustclan being her own origin clan. "Oh well you may stay in Soupclan".

"Thank you for your kindness Moonstar" Rustdapple thanked her.

She nodded. "Your welcome Rustdapple make yourself at home".

Hickorykit came running out of the nursery.

Robindash had been taking care of him since they had no queens in the clan.

"Hi! I Hickorykit who you?" Hickorykit asked.

"I am Firekit this is Honeykit" Firekit answered.

She smiled the kits were making friends with each other.

Robindash came up and sat beside her. "The clan is growing" he commented.

She nodded. "It is".

Rustdapple walked after the three kits as they walked along and over to the nursery.

"He'll be glad to have company in the den" Robindash stated.

"You think Rustdapple well stay with the kits?" Moonstar asked.

Robindash walked over to Rustdapple. "How old are your kits?".

"We're four moons old" Honeykit told Robindash.

"Four moons they'll be Apprentices soon" Robindash commented

Firekits grinned "Yep thens well be the best Warriors evea".

Moonstar was glad to have new life in the clan.

"So do you think you'll stay with the clan or move on once your kits are older?" Robindash asked.

"I think we'll stay unless my kits well want to leave" Rustdapple answered.

Cobrapaw dashed over to her. "You mind if I go out and get some moss for Rustdapple and his kits".

"Be careful and don't get caught by any Twolegs and you can" Moonstar responded.

"Cool!" Cobrapaw meowed excitedly then dashed out of the camp.

"What did you just let her get up to?" Jumpbranch asked as she walked up beside her.

"She asked if she could get some moss for a nest for Rustdapple and his kits" she responded.

"She's a good cat" Jumpbranch commented. Moonstar nodded. "She is" Moonstar agreed.

"But are you going to let any cats we find on our territory to join our clan?" Jumpbranch asked.

"If they are in need of help like a parent and their kits or an injured cat" Moonstar answered "But if they are fine and just trying to use us we won't let them stay" Moonstar added.

"Well that's a good idea we won't want a rogue to try and take over our clan or have one use us" Jumpbranch stated.

Seaneedle looked over to them sitting next to each other and grinned.

"That annoying furball better not be planing to come over here to bug me" Jumpbranch grumbled.

"He been bugging you often?" She asked.

Jumpbranch sighed. "Yeah he has been coming and bothering me a lot".

"Well you could start telling him that your busy training Rootpaw maybe sometime train with me and Cobrapaw" Moonstar suggested.

"Maybe" Jumpbranch replied. She got up calling out to Rootpaw to get to some training with her apprentice.

Cobrapaw came back bundles of moss under her chin and in her mouth.

She brought the moss to the nursery to give it to Rustdapple. 

Rustdapple walked out of the nursery and noticed Cobrapaw walking over to the den.

"Oh! Did you gather that for me?" Rustdapple asked.

Cobrapaw set the moss down. "Yep just for you" she smiled.

"Well thank you" he thanked the apprentice.

"I can help you set up your nest" Cobrapaw offered.

"Sure you can help me" Rustdapple accepted.

Rustdapple took one bundle of moss and Cobrapaw took the other.

She got up to see what some of her warriors were doing.

Hillbrook Fadedtail were sitting near the entrance.

"What might you be up to?" Moonstar asked.

"We're waiting on Thriftbird then we'll be heading out hunting" Hillbrook answered.

"Mind if I join you" she asked.

"Sure though we still need to wait for Thriftbird" Hillbrook responded.

"They said that they'd be here soon" Fadedtail grumbled.

Thriftbird came from the entrance to the dirtplace. "Sorry I took so long" they apologized.

"Did you spend that entire time we were waiting for you in the dirtplace?" Fadedtail asked.

"I didn't spend the entire time in there I got a drink of water from one of the pools in the cave then I needed to make dirt so yeah" Thriftbird gave his answer.

Their tail flicked slowly side to side.

"Come on let's head out" Hillbrook stated.

"Is Moonstar joining us?" Thriftbird asked.

"Yes I am joining you three" Moonstar answered.

"Oh okay" they responded.

She followed her three warriors out of camp and into the small bit of forest they had on their territory.

"Your not bringing Cobrapaw" Thriftbird commented.

"Yeah she's helping our new warrior set up a nest for himself and his kits" Moonstar replied.

"Oh well she always has been a nice cat" they added.

She glanced up as a shadow of a hawk passed overhead.

She thought nothing of it hawks were often flying above the clans territory.

"Is it me or is that hawk flying lower then normal?" Thriftbird asked.

"It's probably nothing" Fadedtail responded.

"Yeah probably" Thriftbird agreed.

But what if it is something?.