chapter 4

Codstar walked out of camp with her two apprentices Littlepaw and Squirrelpaw.

Both of her apprentices were ten moons old.

A breeze blew along the Bloomclan moorland.

They were going out to collect flowers to decorate the camp and nests.

It was a well known thing that Bloomclan enjoyed decorating their camp and their dens.

"So what kind of flowers do you think we'll be finding today?" Squirrelpaw asked.

Bloomclan had always been a naturally small clan.

But then again who knows maybe under her new leadership.

"I dunno we'll just have to look to find out" she responded.

The two tom's seemed to have quite the friendship.

"Well we be getting to do our assessments soon?" Littlepaw asked.

"Maybe" then she beckoned with her tail and broke into a run.

She glanced over her shoulder to make sure that the two toms were running behind her.

They paused at the abandoned twoleg den it's little bit of territory was now filled with many different flowers and some that didn't even naturally have on the moorland.

This twoleg den the flowered field as Bloomclan called it.

They slipped through the broken fence to start collecting some of the flowers.

Littlepaw and Squirrelpaw dashed forward to find some potentially finding a new flower.

She nosed through a patch of lilies looking for any interesting ones.

She was focused on finding some nice lilies for her nest that she didn't hear the three cats coming up behind her.

"Codstar?".

She jumped at the voice of Littlepaw. "Woah you scared me".

"We guessed that" Squirrelpaw responded.

There was a ginger she-cat with green eyes and an white underbelly standing behind her two apprentices.

"Who's this?" Codstar asked.

"She says her name is Fish and she wants to join Bloomclan" Littlepaw told her.

"Yes if you would accept a cat who used to be an...uh wait I think you call it kittypet" Fish agreed.

"I don't see why we shouldn't let you in" Codstar stated.

"It just felt right to wait here for the three of you" Fish told her.

"Would you like a more warrior kind of name or do you want to stay as Fish?" Codstar asked.

"Could I be Jumpfish?" She requested excitedly. "Sure be Jumpfish".

"So before we show you to our camp we want to teach you a special tradition of Bloomclan" Codstar told her.

"What's that?" Jumpfish asked.

"We collect flowers to decorate our camp and nests but we don't really have dens" Codstar answered.

"That sounds like it's a cool idea" Jumpfish stated.

                                                                                     ~<{⊙☆⊙}>~

They walked back to camp with each of them carrying a bundle of flowers.

Downykit and Broughkit popped their heads out of the tall grass where the nursery was.

"So who might that be?" Gustfoot asked as she walked out of her den.

"This is Jumpfish she'll be joining Bloomclan" Codstar answered.

"Ah okay welcome to Bloomclan Jumpfish" the Bloomclan medicine cat welcomed the former kittypet.

"Thanks" Jumpfish smiled. "So where are we going to bring these flowers?" She asked Codstar.

"We'll be decorating our nests with them" Codstar answered.

The dens had no roofs so they could sleep under the stars but they could quickly build roofs quickly if a storm struck.

There was a few clouds in the sky but not nearly enough to warn a rainstorm.

She walked over to the high rock where she had their nest beside it.

She'd shelter the kits under the high rock if a happened.

"So is their a nest I can have?" Jumpfish asked.

"You could sleep with us!" Squirrelpaw offered.

She lined her nest with the flowers. It made the camp smell nice.

There was a small scar on Jumpfish's right front paw.

I well need to take Squirrelpaw and Littlepaw out for their assessments soon. She noted as she watched her apprentices help Jumpfish set up a nest for herself.

Gustfoot walked over to sit beside her. "It's your goal to grow Bloomclan to be stronger, isn't it?".

"Yeah I'd quite like to make sure that if we get attacked that we won't get defeated".

Gustfoot rolled her eyes. "For being the leader of a peaceful clan you seem to think quite a bit about the potential of battles".

"It's best to be prepared" they shot back.

"Yeah right" Gustfoot replied.

"But back on the more serious note what do you think the forming of Soupclan well bring for the clan?" Gustfoot asked.

"I'm not sure" Codstar responded.

But I know I'll be thinking about it quite a bit.

"But you'll be pondering it" Gustfoot added.

Codstar nodded. "Yes I well be".

"But has Starclan given you any reason to worry about the founding of Soupclan?" They asked their medicine cat.

"Not yet but I just wanted to hear your opinion" Gustfoot answered.

They nodded. "Okay".

Gustfoot got up and walked over to Jumpfish and the apprentices.

They'd scatter the petals of flowers around the camp to celebrate newleaf.

She noticed a few nests flowers were starting to wilt.

And if I'm remembering right those are Wetheart and Quillhearts nests.

Though Quillheart itself just walked into camp with a fresh bundle of flowers with Nightpaw behind it with her own bundle of flowers.

The little brown she-cat had mostly daisy's and a tulip or two. She slept near her mentor and Wetheart.

Just overall the clans nests were scattered around the camp.

Gustfoot kept her nest positioned right in front of her den where she kept her herbs so she knew if someone was sneaking in to potentially mess up some of her herbs.

She got up and walked over to the nursery to see how Downykit and Broughkit were doing.

She pushed into the tall grass of the nursery. "Hey!" She greeted the kits.

"Hi" Downykit mewed. He was the older one of the two.

Downykit was half an moon older then Broughkit and they had been having to improvise when it came to feeding them since they had lost their mother to green cough. And they had found Broughkit on their territory

Twolegs were often leaving cats on their territory.

And after Wethearts mate Lilyglow died she was happy to have a second kit. Even though she wasn't the actual mother of Downykit and no one knew who his father was.

He had just been content with his mothers.