chapter 6

Her mind was unusually calm on thus newleaf morning.

Tonight is the gathering. Her mind seemed to know exactly how to start the day.

But random notes from her mind was always the perfect way to start a day.

She got up and shook the flowers from her black and orange pelt. Before setting back down to watch the clan wake up

I'd be Jumpfish's first gathering as a Bloomclan warrior. She thought.

The sky is clear and the camp smells better then ever. She mentally noted.

She saw Littlepaw and Squirrelpaw come carefully into camp carrying a leaf filled with water between them.

What are they up to?. She wondered.

They walked over to Cedarpaw and dumped the water on her.

She brust up her cheek fluff dripping. "What was that for?!" Cedarpaw asked. "We did it for fun obviously" Littlepaw replied a smug smirk on his face.

She glanced over to where Wetheart and Quillheart slept. And she saw that the two cats were still sleeping. Their tails were rather close together as they slept.

I wonder if they'll become something more. They have always enjoyed spending time together.

Gustfoot stirred in their nest in front of her den.

"Morning Gustfoot" She greeted her Medicine cat.

"Good morning Codstar ready for tonight's gathering?" They asked.

"As ready as I can be" Codstar answered.

"Are you thinking about who to bring" they asked.

"I know exactly who to bring" she retorted.

"Oh you do now hmm" Gustfoot grinned.

Codstar got up and walked across the camp. "Squirrelpaw! Littlepaw! time for training".

They bounded out of camp and into the fierce winds of moor.

Bloomclan needs more warriors perhaps I give them their assessments today.

She brought them up a sloop and to a lookout point that the clan would use every once and a while.

It overlooked the waterside twolegplace and Soupclan territory as well as some of Jumpclans. The sloop was technically Soupclans but the only way to get to the top of the hill was on Bloomclans side of the border.

She saw small shapes of Soupclan warriors heading out for the day.

"Littlepaw Squirrelpaw obverse the land tell me what interests you" she ordered.

Littlepaw and Squirrelpaw sat down side by side looking over the land.

"Well it's pretty interesting that twolegs can build far out on water with out it collapsing under their weight" Squirrelpaw commented. "And you can see the entrance to Soupclans camp from here" Littlepaw added.

"Very good" Codstar stated.

She glanced over to the gathering place and along the path that led to Fadingclans small mountain range.

We definitely have a unique land to call home with a mountain range beaches a moorland and forest.

And that was why it was an important part of the Bloomclan training to sit on this hill and obverse the land to take a moment to take everything in.

The knowledge of different types of flowers was also an important part of Bloomclan life.

"You can really see how large Fadingclans mountain range is" Littlepaw commented. "Very good Littlepaw" she told her apprentice.