3.

♣ ♣ ♣

R O M E O

"FUCK," HE BREATHES, his chest heaving, staggered breaths flying past his lips.

Raking his hands through his damp locks, he exhales loudly, his gaze landing upon the blank ceiling as he lies down on his back. Blinking away the white stars clouding his vision, his body slightly trembles from the recent euphoric bliss he has just experienced.

The moment Romeo shrugs the condom off and throws it into the trash can, the blonde recuperating her breath inches closer until she lets her temple rest on his chest.

See, there are pros and cons to fucking puck bunnies. Pros: sex is great—always mind-fucking-blowing. Giving pleasure to the girl whilst watching her fall apart is blissful. Cons: they always want to cuddle afterwards, and Romeo hates that part right here.

Girls who hook up with him know he isn't looking for anything serious. They know they ought to leave after coming down from their high if they want to avoid heartbreak.

One-night stands understand it won't ever go further than that one amazing night. But with girls like Ally, who he has been seeing on and off since summer, it's always more complicated.

Because they tend to overlook Romeo's way of acting with them, and most of the times, it leads into the girl wanting to date.

But Romeo Quinn doesn't do girlfriends. Everyone on campus knows that. Quinn has one single goal, and it is to be the very first pick of the first round in the NHL draft. He doesn't have time to settle. Doesn't want that distraction. He wants to go pro right after graduation, and no girl will stop him from doing so.

"Want to go for a second round?" she asks, drawing circles on his damp pectoral.

"Not right now," he mumbles. "I'm fucking worn out."

He can't see her but even through her tone, he takes a guess that her lips have formed into a pout. "That game killed you, huh?"

Romeo nods, not having the strength to shrug her off when she starts threading her fingers through his curls.

Propping herself onto an elbow, she pulls the cover up to her chest. "There's something I want to talk to you about."

"What is it?" He doesn't bother to look in her eyes.

She inhales. "I want you to take me out on a date."

There it is.

Romeo sighs loudly and moves away to sit on the edge of the bed. Pulling his boxer briefs up, he puts his elbows atop his thighs, burying his face in his hands before letting out a frustrated groan.

"Ally..." he starts, his voice muffled.

"It's Alice," she huffs. He can feel the mattress move as she shifts. "I know you don't want a girlfriend but—"

"Then why are you asking me that?" he snaps, turning around to face her. She holds the duvet to her chest, her blonde hair disheveled and her lips still swollen from the incessant kissing.

She blinks, and he swears tears nearly threaten to spill on her rosy cheeks. He contains himself from rolling his eyes. "I thought... I just..."