care

tw: sh references, suicidal past

I had cleaned my arm about 15 minutes before a doctor came in and said it would be best for me to stay in hospital for a week. I was devastated. I didn't want to. I argued with the doctor a bit before giving up. I argued that I would get worse in the hospital, due to past panics in here. He didn't care.

"Hey, Y/n?" Will says. Tom had left about 30 minutes after we received the news. Will was the only one here. I was happy about not being alone, but I was secretly wishing for someone to come through that door in a worry.

My mum never came, though.

"Mhm?" I hum in an asking tone as I look at Will. "Do you still want to try music? It seems like every time we try, you end up getting hurt." he says, looking at me. There goes the intensity. I look back at him with the same intensity. He keeps staring. God, how I hate and love this.

"I want to, but it seems like it's best not to. I would regret it if I didn't, though... I don't know, Will..." I say, fidgeting with my fingers and then looking back up at him. "It's understandable, but if it literally makes you end up in life threatening situations, I don't know..." he says, obviously sad about not being able to make music with me.

"I would love to, Will." I say, looking directly into his soul. He seems to think just like I do at this moment.

——————
Wilbur POV

"I would love to, Will." she says and stares directly into my soul. My heart flutters at the nickname and I feel slight heat grow over my cheeks. I am falling for this girl and she doesn't even know. It's a shame, really, but it's fine. It's not like I'm madly in love with her... yet.

"That's really good to hear, Y/n! We'll just make sure you stay safe." I say, smiling and trying to hide my blush a bit. She's precious. Her smile, her eyes, her voice... everything I've ever wanted.

What?

Wanted?

Why?

No!

Nope-

"Are you okay?" she asks. Her smile drops, but her stare deepens. She can read me, I know that, but she'll do anything to deny the truth. So will I.

"Mhm! Just happy you still want to make music." I say, covering up the truth with believable enough bullshit to leave no questions. "I think it's just because I wanna express myself. It's mostly why I didn't wanna partner up with anyone. I was scared of opening up." she says, rubbing her scars through my jacket.

"Mostly? What else was holding you back?" I ask, hoping the answer isn't... "Lack of motivation to live, really. I didn't get out of bed for a month straight before going abroad. I wasn't exactly happy, you know?" she says. I feel so sorry for her. Sure, I've had my tough times, but I don't think I ever got to this level of sadness. (comparing mental health issues isn't healthy)

"I'm sorry about that, Y/n. I wish I could've been there to help in some way. No one should go through that. Mental health has been normalised to be absolutely fucked. It's bullshit." I say. I'm actually angry about this. It's so normalised to be depressed that people feel depression isn't enough to get help.

"I hate that. I remember when I was 11 or so, I knew I was incredibly depressed, but everyone was, right? So why should I get treatment? Everyone else can deal with it. Why shouldn't I? It was fucked. I literally attempted and still didn't think I deserved help. It's so fucked." She says. I can tell by how she looks at me that she didn't mean to overshare.

"Hey, it's okay. You're fine. I'm here to listen, am I not?" I ask rhetorically. "No, you're here because you found out I'm supposed to be on suicide watch or something." she says. It breaks my heart that she genuinely doesn't believe people care about her.

"No. I'm here because I care about you, Y/n." I say. She looks at me with glossy eyes. Did she really not think I cared about her? I lean forward for a hug and she instantly hugs back. Warmth and security are the two nouns I would use to describe what I feel at this moment in time.

——————
Ash POV

It's been about 3 hours since we left Y/n and Wilbur in the hospital. I decided to go check on them and am on my way to Y/n's room right now. I'm definitely drawn towards Y/n, but I can see that Wilbur has a deep appreciation for every second they spend together, so I assume they're just going to mutually pine for a bit.

As I open the door to the room and am about to say hey, I see them both cuddled up on Y/n's hospital bed. Yup, they're gonna end up together.

——————
or will they? im a rascal, so they might or might not hehe :)