Chapter 13- Secrets, Lies and Uncovering the Truth

Chapter 13-Secrets, Lies and Uncovering the truth

After the initial shock and confusion wore off as to what exactly just happened, I decided to get some answers. So naturally, I headed to the one person, who in my opinion would know exactly what was going on between Peter and Claira…Rachel.

It may have been a bit of a leap but I didn’t have a clue where Peter or Claira could have possibly run off to so there wasn’t really a whole lot of people to choose from.

The wind whipped against my exposed skin as I made my way across the campus, pushing past the oblivious teenagers that crowded the already narrow halls.

My mind ran a list of reasons for their strange behaviour. When I first met Claira, she gave off an air of confidence, much like her cousin. Seeing her so pale and frightened was unusual. I hadn’t known her for very long but already I got the impression that she was a girl who rarely showed her emotions.

So what had gotten her so shaken up?

A sudden bump in my shoulder sent me flying towards the wall; a surprised gasp escaped my parted lips as my head smacked into a noticeboard. I looked up in anger, only to meet a pair of narrowed hazel eyes from a brown haired girl I didn’t recognize.

“Excuse me? Aren’t you going to say sorry or something?” I cried at her retreating back as I clutched my aching head. She hesitated mid-step and spun around, a smirk appearing on her bright pink lips.

“And why would I do that?” She snapped, her penetrating gaze scanning the length of my body, sizing me up.

“Hmm, let me think… “I tapped my chin briefly before glaring back at her menacingly “Maybe because you just ran me into a wall?”

She chuckled humourlessly and raised her perfectly sculpted eyebrows “Why would I apologize for something I did intentionally?”

My shoulders squared and I took a step forward, about to tell the prim little skank exactly why she should apologize when a voice rose from behind me, easily heard above the constant noise of the busy hallway.

“I’d do what the pretty little lady asks Olivia or I might just have to tell Tristan that one of Amanda’s minions is harassing the new girl. He wouldn’t like that now would he?” The deep voice called from behind me, I didn’t turn around though.

My eyes were set on ‘Olivia’ as her cheeks stained with a dark blush and her eyes widened. This action just caused her mascara clad eyelashes to basically sweep her forehead.

“N-no. I didn’t mean to, I swear!” She panicked before casting a quick glance at me and scurrying off down the nearest corridor she could find.

“She means no harm, if that happens again, just mention Tristan and she’ll be running.” The same voice called again, I turned around slowly only to find a very good looking guy leaning against the lockers, his green eyes trained on me.

He was the poster child for the rebellious lead-singer-of-the-band guy. He was the type of person that would give your dad a heart attack if you brought him home. His leather jacket was open over a slightly worn looking grey shirt; his ripped jeans hung low on his hips and were frayed around the hem from being stood on by his scuffed boots.

“You alright there sweetheart?” He drawled with a smirk that was quite identical to another smirk I had grown accustomed to. The strange boy straightened up and walked towards me slowly, never breaking eye contact.

“Uh…yeah. Just my shoulder.” I mumbled uselessly as he stood only a few inches away from me. His hot breath fanned across my face, causing my eyes to widen dramatically. Who the hell is this guy? I thought frantically as a smug grin spread across his lips.