Chapter 18- There's No Such Thing as a Drama Free Day

Chapter 18

The room was swirling in a blur of colours that shifted and contorted every time I moved my eyes.

I grinned and giggled at the kaleidoscope of colours and shook my head back and forth at rapid speed, causing me to slip off the plush couch and land hard on my ass. I giggled again there was no pain, just a numbing sense that generally came with alcohol consumption.

There was a laugh from beside me and I turned to see that I had actually landed of Daniel's leg.

I hadn't drunken that much though, just the few times when it was vital to decline a dare just because it meant taking clothes off, something I really didn't want to do in front of the smug looking guys in this room.

"Get off." He mumbled, though there was still a sloppy grin spread across his face. "You're heavy."

I stuck my tongue out at him and leant over, wrapping my arms loosely around his neck.

"It's alright Danny bear." I cooed, planting a peck on his cheek. "You have two legs, see?" I said pointing to his other leg that I had not crushed. "It's a spare one in case the other ever gets sat on." I nodded along with my logic.

I hadn't drunk this much since my mother started bringing men home after my father passed. I blamed the sudden binge on the events that had occurred recently.

Which were: Finding out my father went to this school even though he claimed he went to another, discovering that I was not only being watched but threatened too by some unknown creep and lastly, the fact that I unfortunately became friends with quite possibly the most drama filled people to ever walk the earth.

My life was slowly spinning out of control, much like the state of my surroundings from the alcohol.

"Who's turn is it?" I asked, glancing around the circle of teens all sitting around the bottle in the centre with shit glasses we'd found in the kitchen sitting in front of them all.

Daniel poured liquid into his empty glass beside me and raised it. "Never have I ever had sex in a classroom."

My head whipped around to see if anyone was daring enough to raise a glass to their lips. Of course, Tristan was the only one, downing his shot in a second, a smug grin on his face.

"Does the Headmistress' office count?" He asked. Daniel cracked up laughing and fist bumped Tristan, but the rest of the group rolled their eyes skyward.

How does that seriously not surprise me in the least? Stupid boy.

"
Who was it?" Daniel asked Tristan. Tristan opened his mouth to reply but was cut off by Claira.

"I really don't want to discuss my cousin's sex life thank you very much so can we move on now?" Claira grimaced and I seriously didn't blame her. I thought suddenly of my cousins back home, especially the oldest boy, Tom with his orange hair and braces.

I supressed a shudder.

"My turn now!" Alex cried enthused. She twisted her lips to the side in concentration, her dark- and slightly glazed- eyes roamed around the room as she thought. "Never have I ever... Oh I don't know, my stomach is rumbling so bad I can't think properly." She pouted slightly.

"I want food." Claira groaned in agreement.

"I want pizza." Tristan mumbled from beside me, he was face down on a pile of blankets, his eyelashes brushing his high cheekbones, I guess answering all the Never Have I Ever questions was taking its toll.

"Well then let's make some!" I suggested, shaking his hard shoulder until he rolled over and stared up at me, his brilliant blue eyes now staring up at me.

"How exactly do you plan on doing that?" He wondered drowsily. I bit my lip and thought about it, which was considerably hard in my alcohol-fuelled mind.

"There's a pizza oven here isn't there?" Peter slurred, throwing his arm over Claira's shoulders, she may have been lying down and hidden behind her hair, but I caught the blush that stained her cheeks at the contact.

I knew that if Tristan had been paying any attention at all, he would have already proceeded in tearing Peter's arm from his shoulder. After Peter and Tristan's little fight the other day in the courtyard, the two of them have been puffing out their chests even more than normal.

I stood up on considerably shaky legs, the room tilted slightly and I followed its movement before regaining my balance.

"Yep, there's an oven...just no pizza or ingredients." I confirmed, answering Peter's question..

"We can grow it! The ingredients I mean." Rachel piped up and looked at me with glassy blue eyes. I chuckled. There was one thing I learnt today and that was that Rachel was a total lightweight and became drunk very easily.

"Rach, we can't grow a pizza." Alex said, rolling her eyes. She stood up and stretched her arms over her head. "But we could always grab one of the frozen ones we keep in the dorm kitchen, you know the ones we got from the café and put in the fridge the other day?"

I raised my eyebrows and grinned. "Ok, let's do that. Who's gonna come?" I asked, hands on my hips.

I scanned the room. Daniel had officially fallen asleep if his quiet snores were anything to go by and Rachel seemed to be having a conversation with a picture frame of a cat sitting on the coffee table beside her and Claira seemed to be asleep, though I had a strong suspicion she was faking.

"I'll come," Tristan said, staring at me with those deep blue eyes. "Someone has to watch you." He winked.

"I'll come too since I don't rust you two alone." Alex mused. "And someone please watch Rachel, she's drunk out of her mind and I'm worried she'll do something stupid."

Peter nodded and picked up a half empty shot glass. "Take your time guys; it's only three in the afternoon."

Alex, Tristan an I left the lodge, closing the door behind us and trudged down the path towards the school. I shivered as the icy wind whipped my hair back, my teeth chattering.

"Here," Tristan's deep, masculine voice murmured before a heavy item rested upon my shoulders. "Your nose is turning red." I blushed and pulled the leather jacket tighter around me, basking in the warm material and the delicious scent of Tristan's cologne.

"Thank you." I muttered and focussed my attention on the grey pebbles I was walking on. We all walked on in silence before the fog covered building loomed overhead.

"Ok, so they can't see us. We just need to sneak in to the dorm kitchen, grab the frozen pizzas and sneak back down." Alex whispered, scanning the entrance.

"Yeah, I can't afford to get caught again, the damn Headmistress would kick me out on my ass." I mumbled before signalling for the other two to follow me across the lawn.

We tip-toed quietly, grins spread across our faces and our surroundings blurring slightly from the slowly dissolving alcohol haze.

Once we reached the glass sliding doors of the building, Tristan slid them open and slipped inside, causing me to slam face-first into the automatic sliding door.

I groaned in pain and wrenched the door open, glowering at a chuckling Tristan. He mouthed sorry which I replied with giving him the bird.

"Thanks so much for holding the door open. You're one hell of a gentleman." I said sarcastically, gritting my teeth in pain. This of course, caused him to crack up even more.

I reached over and slapped him with my hand. "Shut it, West." I growled, stalking past him and up the steps with Alex and Tristan hot on my heels.

I turned the corner and headed into the kitchen. Alex opened the freezer door and grabbed out a stack of frozen pizzas as Tristan and I lounged against the linoleum covered bench.

"Are we ready to go?" I asked quietly. Alex nodded and Tristan yawned, stretching his arms above his head which lifted his white T-shirt further up his toned abdomen. My throat went dry at the sight of his firm, tanned muscles.

"No need to peek out of the corner of your eyes," his deep voice whispered lowly. "If you want to see me without my shirt, just say so." He smirked, flicking his unruly dark brown hair out of his dazzling blue eyes.

I swallowed and looked elsewhere, already well aware of the blush that was forming. "You're so full of yourself." I muttered and stomped passed him, fallowing Alex.

I heard his deep chuckle behind me and him calling my name but I chose to ignore it.

After sneaking back to the cottage like professional ninjas, we headed out the back to the pizza oven, which was covered in different coloured mosaic tiles and put the pizza in, lighting the orange flames underneath.

Even though it was still rather chilly, everyone came outside to sit around under the patio and talk, most of us however were still too out of it to be able to hold a proper conversation, but that just added to the fun of it.

"How long will the pizza take?" Rachel whined. I was happy to see that she was starting to slowly recover from her earlier alcohol induced coma. "I'm hungry."

There was a few murmurs of agreement around the circle. "Only a few minutes, I only put it in like five seconds ago." Alex replied with her signature eye roll.

I licked my dry lips, I was actually really thirsty. I stood up from my chair and opened my mouth to ask if anyone else wanted a bottle of water from the inside fridge when a voice interrupted me.

"So this is where the orgy happens, huh?" Her demeaning voice rang out from behind me. I swallowed and turned around slowly, only to be blinded by her devious grin.

Amanda stood only a few feet away. Her bright pink Peplum standing out in contrast with the bright green backdrop of the forest. Her long blonde hair shone and her impeccable eye makeup accentuated the knowing spark in her eyes.

"What the hell do you want, Amanda?" I all but snarled. I still held the strong belief that she was behind the note on my door and framing me for the first time I came to the lodge.

"Well, I was just simply wandering around campus when I saw you, Alex and Tristan and decided to follow you. You really should try and be a little less obvious when sneaking around." She mused with a cruel twist of her lips.

"Well you'd know all about sneaking around, now wouldn't you Amanda." I shot back with a scowl.

Amanda's smirk grew and her eyes widened. "Whatever do you mean, Lara?" She asked her innocent voice as fake as the Chanel tote that hung off her arm.

"You know exactly what I mean. Do you think I don't know it was you whose been terrorising me from the beginning? I know you took that photo that landed me in detention," I took a few steps closer to her, making sure everyone else was out of ear shot. "And I know it was you who put the note on my door."

Amanda blinked a few times. "I don't know what the hell you're on about." She growled.

My fists balled up, my shoulders pulled back as I glared at her. "I know it was you!" I whispered harshly "Don't even try to deny it you stuck up little bitch!"

"Are you alright, Lara?" I turned around and gave Alex what I hoped was a warm smile.

"All good, Alex, don't worry, me and Amanda are just having a little...chat. I'll be over in a second." Alex narrowed her dark eyes at Amanda in an 'I'm watching you' manner before going back to her conversation with Rachel. I noticed that Tristan and Daniel had similar looks.

"I don't know what you've been smoking, Blackwood, but you better back the hell off before I get the Headmistress on your ass. You can't really afford that to happen, now can you?" Amanda's voice called me. My body turned back around to face her, my hands balled up and resting on my hips.

"You go ahead. I know it's been you. It has to be, there is no one else at this school that seems to have a problem with me. You even said to watch my back and stay away from Tristan, which just so happens to be very similar to what was written on that note." I retorted in anger, squaring up in front of her.

Amanda gave a throaty laugh. "You're not all that Lara, not everyone likes you and you know why? Because you're a home-wrecking, ugly cow who thinks you can just come to this school and steal everything that's mine." She narrowed her eyes at me. "Obviously there's someone else out there that recognizes you for who you are and has a problem with it, it's really no surprise."

I scoffed. Was she really serious? "A home-wrecker? Are you really still going on about this? You can have Tristan for all I care! Take him for God's sake and listen really closely and I'll use small words for you, I. Don't. Want. Him."

Amanda swallowed, but before she could say another word, a pair of familiar hands fell onto my shoulder. I closed my eyes briefly. This really isn't helping I mentally cringed.

"Amanda, I don't know what you and Lara are talking about but I think you should leave, alright?" Tristan's voice came off dominant and stern.

Amanda's eyes narrowed slightly on his hands which rested on my shoulders before landing back on my face. An ugly scowl twisting her normally gorgeous features.

"Just think about what I said." She threatened before spinning around and strutting back around the lodge, out of sight.

I sighed and shrugged Tristan's hands off my shoulders, stomping back inside. It must have been her; I mean there's no one else it could have possibly been!

I leant against the bench, massaging my temples and staring at the tiled floor of the kitchen when I pair of converses came into my line of vision.

"Are you alright?" Peter's soft voice asked. My head whipped up lightning fast. This was probably the first time he'd tried to talk to me since the incident in the hall a few days back when he caught me listening in to his conversation with someone.

He had been avoiding me ever since.

My eyes roamed over his familiar features, watching the mixture of blues in his eyes before nodding my head slightly.

Peter side, rubbing the back of his neck. "Look, I'm sorry I've been acting kind of like a douche lately, I just have a lot going on and have been really frustrated and I'm sorry for taking it out on you."

I didn't reply, instead I launched myself at him, wrapping my arms around his neck and pressing my cheek against the soft material of his shirt.

"I'm sorry to Peter, I shouldn't have been listening in. I've missed you and just want my friend back," I whispered against his chest as his arms came around me. "Can we just forget about it all?" I asked gently, looking up into his eyes.

Peter smiled and nodded his head, earning a grin from me. He leant down and placed a kiss on top of my head.

"Of course, I've missed my friend too." He said honestly.

I stayed like that for a few minutes. Just enjoying the warm, comforting hug and enjoying being friends again.

"I better get back outside. But about the thing with Amanda? If you ever want to talk, let me know." He offered, disentangling his arms from around my waist and walking out of the kitchen.

"I will." I called out, still smiling as I rummaged through the fridge for a bottle of water.

Sighing heavily, I jumped up and sat on the bench, the water bottle sitting beside me. I just couldn't go one day without being the subject of drama and a verbal beating by a blonde cow that was intent on wearing clothes short enough to prove to the world that she is in fact a girl. I mean, seriously!

I looked up at the roof, clenching my hands together. "Please, can I just have one peaceful day? Please?" I muttered, aiming my pleas at whoever was up there.

"You know, if you say your prayers out loud, they won't come true." Tristan's voice drifted from the doorway.

I rolled my eyes, apparently I wasn't even aloud a minute of peacefulness. I spun my body around on the bench and shot Tristan a deadpanned look.

"That's birthday wishes dipshit." I muttered. Tristan laughed and ran a hand through his dark hair, massaging his head lightly.

He walked over and rested his forearms on the bench space next to me, looking up.

"What's up with you and Amanda?" He asked quietly, a voice that I wasn't used to with Tristan. There was actually an undertone of worry of all things in his voice.

I bit my lip, focussing on the wrought iron oven of the old kitchen. "Nothing, we just talked is all." I murmured with a shrug. A warm hand reached up and grabbed my chin gently. Tristan moved my head to face him again and searched my eyes.

"Don't lie to me. I can tell you're upset about something, I can see it in your eyes. You can tell me you know, I happen to be very good at listening to people's problems." He said solemnly.

I scoffed and rolled my brown eyes. "Please," I said exasperatedly. "You get bored the second a conversation doesn't revolve around you."

He grinned, showing off his perfect teeth, his blue eyes crinkled slightly. "That is true, you're right." He chuckled.

"I can talk to Amanda though, she'll tell me." He replied before frowning slightly. "I think she has a thing for me."

Her and pretty much the entire female population of this school... teachers included. I thought sarcastically.

I laughed at his obliviousness. "If you're only just figuring that out, you're an idiot."

His frown deepened at my words and he slapped my shoulder not too lightly. "I am not an idiot! I'll have you know, I get high grades. "

"Liar, you barely even show up to class." I replied with a look. He opened his mouth to reply and then snapped it shut, knowing I was right.

A smug smile spread across my face as he muttered a dejected 'Whatever' and reached for my opened water bottle, taking a long gulp.

"Hey! That was mine!" I cried, snatching the bottle back and holding it in my hands. "And now it's covered in your germs." I pouted, wiping the rim of the bottle.

"You're very welcome." He said smugly.

I grinned slightly, turning my head the other way in an attempt to hide it. "You're so annoying."

"But you love me anyway." He said from behind me, placing one of his hands over mine and chuckling. "As much as this little flirting session has been, we better get back to the others before they start thinking we're doing something a little more ... inappropriate."

I turned around, my mouth agape and a deep blush on my cheeks. "We're not flirting! And they wouldn't think that, they know I don't like you." I shrieked, jumping down off the bench.

Tristan's eyes glowed with mirth, his dark hair brushing the top of his eyebrows. "It's a thin line between love and hate, baby." He answered with a grin.

I grumbled, stomping out of the kitchen with Tristan following behind, his deep laugh echoing around the small lodge.

"You guys were gone a while." Rachel whispered quietly next to me when I sat down and joined them. I grimaced, shooting her a look that could kill.

"Shut up." I muttered. She giggled, taking another huge bite out of her Pepperoni pizza.

"I'm just saying, you guys seem to be getting a little closer every day." She said happily. I scoffed, smoothing out the ends of my hair. I couldn't even bother replying.

"What are you going to do about Amanda?" She asked after a few minutes, dusting the crumbs off her lips and wiping her hands on her jean clad legs.

I sighed. "I don't have a clue!" I said. "I mean, I know it's her, it has to be but I need proof before I can do anything else."

Rachel nodded, her eyes lost in thought as the gazed at the fire that had been set. "I know what you mean, and I think we have to take matters into our own hands."

I frowned. "How are we supposed to do that though?"

Rachel smiled slyly. "Me and Alex have already thought about it. Remember when you told Alex about it and she said she'd think about what to do?"

I thought back to when we both sat on the bed, watching The Perks of Being a Wallflower and me telling her about my suspicions.

My head nodded slowly. "Yeah, I do but what were you guys thinking?"

Rachel's smile grew, her normally angelic looking face suddenly looking a lot more devious.

"Hey Alex! It's time we told Lara the plan." She called. Alex's head whipped up from where she was talking to Claira and her face took on the same devious expression as Rachel's.

"Finally!" She said, jumping up and running over to our bench, plonking herself on the other side of me.

"Wait! We need one more person...Tristan; can you please come over here for a second?" Rachel asked quietly, fluttering her eyelashes.

Tristan's blue eyes shone in the firelight, a sight I didn't think I would ever get used to. "What's up?" He asked with furrowed eye brows, sitting next to Alex.

"Well, we need your help with something." Rachel said. Tristan's eyes connected with mine and we both frowned further.

"Why?" He asked, confused.

Alex shared a smile with Rachel, looking at Tristan and then me. "We have a plan, so listen carefully. This is what we're gonna do..."

____________________________________________________________________________

Tell me, is the suspense killing you yet? Hahaha, I haven't done many cliffy's so I thought I should chuck one in somewhere only with the sole purpose of annoying you all. But don't worry, I promise the next chappy will be up soon so you can relax and find out what the plan is to prove Amanda's guilt. But is she really guilty?

If you guys think you know what the plan could be, then comment below. If you get it right, I'll dedicate a chapter to you and give you a shout out !

Lastly. I'm looking for a cover for my other story Betting On Love so if you are up for it and want a promotion to all my fans, a follow AND a dedication, then send me a message and I'll give you all the deets.

Love and kisses,
Amber