Chapter 31- Time Heals (Almost) All Wounds

It was less than a week after we got back that Tristan and Clara received that dreaded phone call.

I had stood, beside Rachel, Alex, Daniel and many of Clara's other friends as they drove out of the school grounds to attend the funeral. Little words were spoken, and very few emotions were shown between the two. To say it was a somber atmosphere would be an understatement, it was much more saddening.

It was less than a week before Tristan and Clara's car was due back at school.

Much like the first time, we stood, or more like huddled for warmth outside the front entrance, awaiting their arrival.

"How long do you think they'll be?" Ask Rachel, bouncing up and down on the spot to keep warm as she blew warm air into her cupped hands. Or at least I assumed her energy was an attempt to stay warm, either that or she was showing how anxious we were all feeling.

I shook my head slowly, "I have no clue. Andrews' said they left hours ago. It shouldn't be too long."

"Don't count on it." Daniel's baritone voice cut through the cold morning air from behind me. "West needs time to process these things, more so than most people. The last thing he would want is to come back here where he'll be hassled by the bunch of you."

Alex stood up from her spot on the front stone steps, her pink streaked hair poking out of her black beanie. "If you're so sure he wouldn't want to be hassled then why the hell are you here?" She glared at him, causing him to stand up straight from his slouched position against the garden bench.

He stalked over, covering the distance in a few long strides. I was a bit taken aback by the amount of anger they were directing at each other. "I'm here for you of course Bunny Rabbit." He sneered, looming over her as he matched her glare head on.

I turned to Rachel in confusion. Her blue eyes travelled back and forth between the two before meeting mine.

Bunny Rabbit? She mouthed, shaking her head in obvious bafflement. I shrugged my shoulders, having no clue what had escalated their anger at each other.

Talk about sexual tension.... I thought with a small smile.

"Will you lot just shut up?" Peter growled, his gazed never wavering from the front gates of the school.

I'd forgotten he was there. That morning, when Rachel, Alex and myself met up to wait out the front for Tristan and Clara, we were all more than surprised to find Peter already anxiously awaiting their arrival.

There was no doubt in my mind he was waiting for Clara.

But now he sat on the top of the stairs leading up to the front entrance of the school, slumped down with his head in his hands. The bags under his eyes were an obvious sign that he hadn't gotten any sleep in a very long time.

I still didn't know what fully went down between those two, but I knew enough to know it must have been pretty major. There had to be some reason Tristan hated Peter so much, since I'd been at the school the two had not only gotten into a nasty fight, but they were always glaring at each other.

I knew of Tristan's over protectiveness, so all I could assume was that something had happened between Peter and Claira, and Tristan was still not happy about it.

At the same time, I knew how much Claira adored Peter, I could hear it in her voice when she mentioned him, hell, I could see it when her face would light up every time he entered the room.

Since Claira had arrived back at school, I hadn't seen much of Peter though. Something told me Tristan had a lot to do with that.

I glanced at Alex out of the corner of y eye, who quickly cut off her glaring competition with Daniel and shot Peter a sympathetic look. So Alex must know what happened.