Chapter 20- Happiness is always Short-Lived

The faint sound of people moving about in their dorms finally woke me up from what I could easily say was one of the best sleeps I ever had. 

The dull glow of sunshine could be sensed through my eyelids, but stubborn as always, I kept my eyes firmly shut and buried my face into my pillow... or at least what I thought was a pillow that was however, until it groaned from beneath me.

My eyes shot open in shock and confusion, my mouth hanging open at the sight that literally lay before me. 

Tristan slept soundly beside me, He lay on his stomach, his head turned towards me and an arm lazily sprawled over my waist. Memories of the previous night came rushing back as I collapsed back down on the bed with a huff. 

What was I going to do now? 

My eyes scanned over Tristan's peaceful face, flicking down his angular features which looked so much softer when he slept. His dark eyelashes swept the tops of his cheek bones and his pink, supple lips were parted slightly. 

My eyes then travelled along his tanned, muscled back. They moved from his hard shoulders and down the groove of his spine until the quilt which pooled around his hips prevented my eye-raping from going any further.

Pushing the quilt away from me, I hopped out of bed and ambled across the room to my chest of drawers. I rummaged around for a few minutes and pulled out a fresh pair of cut-off jeans and a loose white top.

Casting one quick glance at a still sleeping Tristan, I walked into the small bathroom, shutting the door behind me. After a quick shower, I threw my clean clothes on and brushed my hair through quickly before leaving the room.

“Were you planning on leaving me here?” His deep, sexy voice called from the bed. I looked up and almost swooned at the sight.

If someone ever told me one day I’d have a male model lying shirtless in my bed, I would have laughed in their face. I marvelled, gazing at Tristan.

He was laying in the bed, his chest still exposed and his head supported by one of his propped up arms. His dark hair was messy and curled slightly around the base of his neck.

“I thought you said you’d leave last night.” I said, breaking eye contact and turning away so he wouldn’t see my obvious blush.

“I fell asleep,” He replied. I saw him hop out of bed from the corner of my eye. “Plus, if I remember correctly, you told me I didn’t have to leave.” He chuckled, making the blood rush even more to my face.

“I don’t remember that.” Lie. “And anyway, I might’ve been talking in my sleep.”

Tristan laughed again, heading to the bathroom. “I’m going to grab a shower.” He said walking past me. I reached out and grabbed his arm, my hand wrapped around his bicep.

“What are you going to wear? In case you didn’t realize, you don’t have a shirt. I can’t have you walking out here without a- shit,” I exclaimed in alarm. “How are we going to get you out without being seen?”

 Tristan’s smirk dropped briefly as he ran a hand through his already messy hair. “I didn’t think of that.” He muttered. “I could always climb down the drainpipe like the guys do in movies.” He joked.

My eyes widened and I skipped over to the small window on the other side of the room, peering down.

“I was joking!” Tristan came over to stand next to me, also staring down at the row of bushes a few metres below us.

“Too bad, it’s your fault you didn’t leave last night, plus there’s a trellis just there.” I opened the window and looked over to the vine-covered trellis next to it. “It’d be a piece of cake.” I shrugged nonchalantly.