32

[Ok a few words beforehand. I tried to link the playlist for this scene somehow. But wattpad only ever wants individual videos. So I made the playlist public XD if you search on youtube, you should find the playlist "Weasleys Pranks and Curses - Love Songs" there. And yes, now you know why this scene here is much longer than the other chapters XD]

(In case you can't find it, here's the content:
Elton John - Your Song
Elton John - Don't Go Breaking My Heart
Elvis Presley - Can't Help Falling in Love
Grover Washington Jr - Just the Two of Us
Frankie Valli and the Four Seasons - Can't Take My Eyes off You
Paul Anka - Put Your Head on My Shoulder )

I had no idea how long I had been standing there motionless, but when I came to, there were no more Christmas carols playing and instead Bill was swinging his little sister around the impromptu dance floor while Maddie was trying to get Hermione to dance. Ron and Harry were hiding in a corner, just trying not to get dragged into it.
And I had one last gift to deliver.

With all the courage I could muster, I approached the twins. "You haven't even opened your present yet." I pressed the package into George's hand.

"What? But," he glanced at the elegant wrapping paper, "you didn't have to do that." But the brief, excited sideways glance at his brother gave him away.

"Let me guess." Fred squinted over his brother's shoulder. "Gloves for Quidditch?"

But when the book came to light, the twins looked at each other again. "A business guide? But how do you know -?"

I didn't let George finish his sentence, instead I pulled the wand out of his back pocket, tapped the book and whispered "fun" and the pages changed to the book I had actually bought.

Immediately, his eyes brightened. "Are you serious?" he laughed conspiratorially.

I tapped the pages again. "Serious," and the book became the guidebook again. "I think your mother is more likely to forgive me for a guidebook." I held out his wand and the twinkle in his eye made my knees go weak.

"That's great! I'd ask you to dance," he joked, because the next song was just starting, "but knowing how well you dance, I'm sure that wouldn't be an appropriate thank you."

While he was still flipping through the book, I grabbed Fred's hands. "Your loss. Your brother is not so easily intimidated." I pulled the other Weasley twin onto the dance floor-whether he wanted to or not.

"You know I can dance even less," Fred whispered in my ear as I placed his hand on my back.

"I'm good at leading," I grinned back at him, and with the next beat I pulled Fred along with me. It was a little bumpy at first, but in time the Weasley stopped resisting and allowed me to lead the way.

"Are you trying to make my brother jealous?"

"Is it working?"

Fred glanced over my shoulder, but didn't give me an answer. "What exactly is stopping you guys from finally making it official?" So slowly he got a feel for the dance steps and raised his arm to give me a spin.

I loved how my dress swung around my legs and I got braver. I turned in until I came to a stop with my back against his chest. "Your brother doesn't seem to be in a hurry with that." And I turned back again.

"Why can't you two actually talk to each other? Like two normal people? Do you know how exhausting it is to spend the whole day with him? Camille this, Camille that. He only takes his eyes off you when he closes them, and I'm pretty sure -"

"Switch partners." Bill deftly exchanged me for Hermione. Hadn't he been dancing with Ginny a moment ago? "You've gotten better at couple dancing. Didn't think you had it in you." I laughed as he dipped me and I got way too close to the floor. "You were always way too stubborn to be led."