33

Without letting go of George, I accepted the letter. With every word my parents said, I felt the butterflies leave my chest.

"What are they writing?"

"We're going to Norway." I crumpled up the letter and angrily threw it to the floor.

"They're writing that?"

"No, that's what I say."

I had written to my parents about our suspicions, had asked if it was possible that we had made a mistake. I had even made sure to write us and not them. And what was their response? That I should pack my things, they would take me to Mexico. They had only dismissed my thoughts in a small afterthought. They could understand my hope, but surely I should leave the curses to them. They hadn't been able to write me a single letter for months and now they didn't even ask how I was doing.

George had picked up the letter and read it while I was already halfway up the stairs. "Camy." He had only caught up with me in the hallway and had to whisper so the others, guaranteed to be listening at their doors, wouldn't hear us.

"Don't tell me we can't do this!" I almost shook off his hand, but the Weasley was grinning crookedly again.

"First of all, how are we going to get to Norway without flying? And second, what's the weather like there, because I only brought my Christmas sweaters."

"Thank you." Again I wrapped my arms around George and leaned my forehead against his shoulder. "Thank you for taking me seriously."

He pulled me down the hall. "Always. I just have a little but."

My shoulders tensed. "Yeah?"

"Let's not take off right now. We need a plan to keep things running smoothly."

"Is that years of experience talking?"

He grinned as we reached his room. "I thought you liked that about me."

"I do, Mister Weasley." With both hands on his vest, I pulled him further toward my door. "You should stay the night. For the details." How had he managed to dispel my anger so quickly?

"For the details, Mrs. Weasley." A soft squeak escaped me as he kissed me this time and reached behind me to open the door.

But as silly as we were, now that we didn't have to hold back anymore, we actually spent most of the night making plans. It would be ideal if we could take Maddie and Fred with us, but if we took Ginny, Molly Weasley would come after us personally and we couldn't risk that.

"Do you think your parents will forgive me for being such a terrible host?"

"Ricky said you guys have a pool in the basement?"

"Yeah. I think there's one on the roof, too. A hot tub and a cocktail bar."

"Then Bill will make sure those two don't find out."

"Bill," I groaned. "I'm sure he won't lie to my parents."

George played with my hair. "I don't think he's quite so blind there anymore. It hit him pretty hard that your parents haven't answered a single letter from him."

"He wrote them, too?"

"Yep. I guess making our house curse-proof was more exhausting than he wanted to admit."

Once our plan was in place, I couldn't stifle a yawn any longer. "Well, hurry up now. Get out of that dress and into bed."

"George," I laughed playfully. "You're going for it."

He slapped me on the butt and I just laughed even more inanely. "I promise I won't look while you're changing."

"Do I have to make the same promise?" I snorted and George could barely look me in the face even though he was laughing too.