Something's Wrong

"Who's that?" Nona didn't bother with a greeting; she immediately pointed at the woman.

Decim just shrugged. How was he supposed to know? The only certainty now was that there was no test for him.

The stranger slapped her forehead. "I haven't introduced myself yet. I'm Hanashi. What about you...?"

It was the strangest greeting in the woman's "life." Both the man and the blue-haired woman appeared completely devoid of emotions. Although, in the case of the man, Hanashi sensed a certain sadness. Her unfulfilled soul decided she had to change it and bring joy to others.

"Nona. This is Decim," the short woman introduced them. "Welcome to QuinDecim."

Hanashi assumed from the tone of the braided woman's voice that she was a special case, and they didn't know what to do with her.

They stood in awkward silence until Nona grabbed Hanashi's hand and led her to the elevator. "Upstairs, Clavis," Nona said, while the "new girl" admired the man's hairstyle. Clearly unfamiliar with meeting humans, he found the interest quite charming.

Embarrassed, he smiled in his typical way, and contrary to his suspicions, his face turned terribly red. He found out about it from Nona as they were leaving.

Hanashi was taken to a room full of machines. Among them, she seemed to see people, but they appeared devoid of emotions. Colourful plaques, similar to stained-glass windows in churches, were placed around them.

A small group of workers immediately gathered around Hanashi, placing her on a strange chair. A part of the apparatus, shaped like a rose flower, fell on her head. Suddenly, she felt an electric shock, and the smell of sulphur entered her nose. Quickly, she got off the device, sensing panic in the room and a hint of fear in those blank faces.

"Her memories are too attached to her. We can't pull them out!" one of the workers exclaimed.

Hanashi smiled slightly as she listened. There were too many important moments in her life to forget about them. They returned to QuinDecim without achieving anything.

"Maybe I'll help Decim at the bar?" she suggested.

The referees looked at her in amazement, a single thought running through their minds, "Is she human?"