Prologue 1/2 (Ace)

[Major ass spoilers, you've been warned.]

Also, trigger warning, mentions
of blood, angst, and death.

( this book in undergoing beta reading and constant editing by yours truly, )

.⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀.

His life ending slowly and painfully, Ace had clung onto Luffy's shoulder for support while he spoke and ranted. Feeling powerless, weakened and dying, the freckled male rather forced himself to gather the remaining strength to push himself from his brother's arms, his almost limp body struggling to hold together, all that while Ace had glanced towards his little brother, Luffy, who had a horrified expression plastered on his face and were on the verge of crying.

Not going to lie, Ace would break down, right here and then, guilt rushing over.

But his expression stood stoic, or at least he thought until it broke down into a sad smile, despite his (no longer existent) insides burnt and hurt, no, not just hurt but hot agonizing pain flowing through every part of him, he smiled just for his little brother to see, before his hand trembled its way to cup the said brother's cheek. "The only regret I hold, is when I'll never be able to see you become the pirate king." he shakily muttered, his unusual soft tone cracking within every word, ultimately confident with his words that the said rubber brother will become the pirate king in the future and that the freckled male wasn't able to live that long to see his accomplishment.

Ace leaned in to kiss his little brother's forehead, "Thank you for loving me!!" he desperately cried out, hoping his final words would be loud enough for everyone to hear until his throat went sore, his eyes forced shut to holler his sentence, stream of tears forming and began escaping from his secured shut eyes, aggressively flowing down to his chin. But before he could even open them, to take one last glance at Luffy, his last bits of his life, soul had finally drained, his eyes never opened and his body limp, falling to the ground, then a loud thud causing everyone around them to pause their violent actions and the fog had disappeared for everyone to see.

The Fire Fist whom they all desperately had to go through a war just for him to be saved, is dead. Died with a smile, his corpse on the ground while Luffy is in front, knelt down.

Not long, the rubber boy broke down, his bloodied hands trembled, shook, a soft moan of sorrow escaping Luffy's lips, followed by a broken loud hic, his eyes focused on Ace's corpse, his big brother in which he risked his life for, gone through poison and miraculously survived because of his best friend Bon Clay and Ivankov saving him, the freckled male whom the rubber boy had tried so hard and gone through everything to save him, only to fail and watch him die.

"Listen Luffy, I'm not gonna die!"

LIAR.

An uncontrollable stream of tears had gone from his whitened eyes and down to his chin, his mouth completely agape and unable to even close it before he screamed, bawled, bellowed his throat out until he broke, his memories of Ace being alive all narrowing down to his last moments and words, then froze like ice, heck even his throat could no longer produce a roaring sound of despair.

Marineford war, was truly despicable.

.⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀ .

Void. Void was all the Fire Fist can see. Darkness in his sight, Ace couldn't even register where was he, but he could register the wind brushing off his skin before he groaned in pleasure. Ace felt he was soaring, no, he is, he is flying free in the sky, the wind harshly slapping him as he glided and held his head up, but he wasn't awake, his eyes still shut but the fire fist thought this was it, spending his last moments as a spirit, soul, or angel soaring in the sky and then head for the afterlife.