Ch. 9

brprfhrpfhf

.

The village was in flames like as predicted. But the said prediction wasn't all that correct. You see, Ace for one, wouldn't attack anyone or anything without a reason. He stood still in his hiding spot while it all happened, then he paced around in the cove, well, crawled around the cove's grounds as a dragon patiently waiting for Hiccup to come back to talk to him and sort things out. They had an argument, the brunette was still a boy after all. Maybe in a few days he'd be back and the fire fist would rush over to him with frantic apologies left and right.

But he never came.

And it's time Ace would pay him a visit instead.

Hearing the distant shouts of the vikings, the dragon-human thought it was another stupid viking fight. But it wasn't. The more he hears them closely, the more he realizes it wasn't just some kind of viking battle cries at one another. No. He could hear panicked tones in them, and climbing up the cove to leave and see the village closer had gotten his heart drop at the sight.

Oh no it's not him who set up the village in flames alright. It was the dragons, more than usual dragons in dragon raids came to attack and preferably destroy the village once and for all.

This is Hiccup's village.

Hiccup.

No, no no!!

.

Hiccup hadn't expected for the fires to reach the chieftain house but he eventually had to leave. He gathered Ace's belongings, and made his way down the stairs only for his pathway to be blocked off. He used his pipe to rid of the wooden debris but it wouldn't work. "Lort!" he managed to curse, seeing his weapon slowly melting off even more. He cannot die like this, he has to find his way out, and looking back at his friend's belongings he could only quiver his lip guiltily. "I did this." he spoke softly, putting his pipe back to his belt. His pride had been chewed off from him, so there was no other choice but to call for help.

Ace frantically returned into his human form and ran into the burning village. Ignoring the panicked villagers trying to get out of the flames and telling him that's not the way or that he was going in for suicide. Hollering for Hiccup's name everywhere he went, he couldn't hear his human, let alone find him in these aggressive waves of fire around him. The fire cracking and roaring overcoming his shouts, he ran through flames only to leave out of it unscathed, and finally, he heard him.

"I'm over here!! I'm still here, help! A-Anyone, Astrid, Snot- Snotlout?!" Hiccup paused, there was no possibility Ace could hear him, but he had to try. Gathering his remaining voice, he hollered "Ace,- Ace help me, Ace!" The brunette begged, then had gone in a coughing fit because of fire smoke, but he was still holding his dragon-human's items close to him.

The panicked cries of his human from above had the raven-haired perk up towards the sound. Ace was standing just close to where Hiccup was, still in the chieftain house, inside his room clutching on some things while he was stuck and vulnerable inside, helplessly coughing at the immense smoke spreading out around him. He was calling for help, calling out for anyone, and then, him. Fires everywhere on his only pathway out of the burning house. Jumping out from the roof wouldn't be suicide if he was strong enough like the other vikings. Hiccup couldn't even see Ace or anything clear on his sight, it was all because of the orange red fires roaring, burning up and higher, but Ace could see Hiccup clearly.

And then, it just happened.

The wooden roof above cannot hold on any longer, it collapsed, just where Hiccup stood, followed by frantic shouts before it died down and been replaced with whimpers. With a hoarse bellowing of "NOOOO!" from Ace, the man rushed towards the said home, running through fire and fire, hurriedly climbing up the stairs and shoving away the wooden debris that had fallen down on his human. Once clear, Ace saw how Hiccup had been buried deep in it with one of his arms protecting himself, thankfully he was not pierced by sharp edges of the wood. But maybe he is, and the raven-haired just couldn't see it, he noticed the boy already unconscious and some parts of his skin burnt, his small hands barely clutching onto Ace's belongings closer to his chest and his used up pipe that gave up and broke clinging to his belt. The freckled man pulled the boy to him in a rush but as gently as he could, Ace saw how red Hiccup's eyes had been, he'd been crying the entire time before the fires have erupted, but he's going to ask that later on. He focused on frenetically shoving his head to close in his ear to the brunette's chest, relieved to be hearing the faint sound of Hiccup's heartbeat thumping but slower than usual. He needed medical attention, now.