Ch. 3

Hhhhhhhh

.

Hiccup couldn't focus much in dragon training, not until gobber called out to him as soon as the zippleback chased after him. With the eel in his vest, the dragon managed to sense the slimy creature just inches before they attack. Rather, they backed from the brunette, roaring in fear before hiccup had led the double headed dragon back to their cage.

Apparently he hadn't been focused enough. His mind lingered at the flabbergasting thought of what happened back in the cove hours before the time for dragon training.

It was just impossible to decipher. Asel- no sorry, Ace, who had a dragon form also as a human? Let's go back to hours ago before today.

“Who are you?” hiccup squeaked, his basket and prosthetic tailfin dropped to the ground, taking a step further from the approaching man in front of him.

Ace grunted, muttering the words 'figured.' before turning back to hiccup. He stood up and bowed. “I’m Ace. Sorry for acting rudely the way I was before.” was his response and this confuses hiccup the most.

Ace blinked, considering both of them had been quiet for a while. Understanding his confusion still wrapping around the brunette’s head, the raven-haired crossed his arms, giving his human time processing things. But eventually, the silence was irritating him. “It was priceless seeing you pretend to have eaten that fish meat. You thought you'd get away by throwing it up when I wasn't looking.” ace piped up, it was enough to catch the boy’s attention, followed by a widened eyes staring right up at the freckled male. Seeing his reaction, the pirate couldn't help suppress his laughter.

“I had to if I wanted to become your friend!” the brunette finally snapped, and the fire fist was quick to shut his mouth. “We’re already friends, aren't we?” the freckled male corrected, and hiccup opened his mouth, but closed it.

The idea of Asel turning into a human was relatively feasibly bizarre and impossible.

“So, asel-”

“Ace.” the raven-haired hissed.

“Ah- Ace, sorry. So ace, how- how did you- how did the cute and adorable intelligent dragon that I know and bonded with yesterday, turn to, well, you?” hiccup began, gesturing to all of ace like how gobber and stoick gestured to all of him.

“Mm,” ace responded, readjusting his hat before turning his head to face the brunette. “T'was curling up in my sleep, very comfortable position for a dragon if I say so myself. Woke up in the early mornin’ as usual then' felt as if I can walk again and talk again like the human being I originally am.”

Hiccup’s mouth agape. Ace’s accent was very, unique and not the type of accent you'd usually find around here in the village. “Ah.” was all he could muster up from the other's sentence. “So you just turned into a human without realizing it. You, turning into a human and a dragon seems unrealistic to me, it's just impossible.” the brunette stated with nonchalance, pieces coming together as ace nodded followed by a hum. Even ace is surprised hiccup had been taking all this information in and calmly.

“Nothing is impossible when we have devil fruits.” the freckled male remarked with a grin, but found out the other that had gone into a daze, overthinking probably, but he can't blame him if he thinks about it further. This boy seemed to only have known about dragons and dragon killing and nothing else out of the ordinary. It seemed the word 'impossible' isn't anywhere near his vocabulary if the brunette had been alarmed at the fact this man was suddenly calling himself the dragon from yesterday.

Ace shook off his thoughts and noticed the said other’s staring at the ground, tilting his head confused, his gaze slowly landing on the basket he swore he sniffed the aroma of raw fish from it. “Can I eat now?” he questioned, followed by a pat on the shoulder, snapping the brunette from his trance. Hiccup flinched slightly and nodded, handing the heavy basket to the other, only for the other to lift it as if it wasn't a problem to him. “Come.” he gestured, and the brunette reluctantly followed. Not long they were found sitting on a rock with the basket of fishes now exposed to the ground, while the fire fist gathered enough sticks to puncture the fish with, handing a few to hiccup. Preparing his hand and mostly his palm out in the open, ace was ready to light up a fire. “What are you doing?” hiccup bubbled up and ace didn't answer. For a brief moment, the boy watched, intrigued. And stared astonished. Fire came out from ace’s index finger, then eventually his whole palm and started roasting the fish.