Ch. 7

Hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

.

Meanwhile on the same day.

Vikings on their almost wrecked ship moaned in grief, most of them had mournful faces, but Stoick scowled to himself, blaming himself for rushing ahead for the dragon's nest and being unable to find it at the cost of his people's lives. A fellow viking hold out a hand to him, and the chief willingly grabbed it, pulling himself up to the docks with a basket on his other hand. Gobber awaited for his friend's arrival. "I trust you found the nest at least?" the elder questioned, though seeing the look on Stoick's face tells him everything. "Not even close." the chief grumpily responded. "Oh, excellent."

"I hope you had a little more success than me." Stoick stated, with little hope in his tone. "Well if by you mean that your parenting troubles are over," Gobber began, while grabbing the basket on from his friend's grasp to help him. "Then, yes." The blonde elder responded. "Congratulations Stoick! Everyone is so relieved!" A female viking approached the chief and headed to her left. "Out with the old and in with the new right?"

"No one will miss that old nuisance!"

"We're throwing a party to celebrate!"

The look on Stoick's face expressed sheer horror. His first thoughts were Hiccup. Hiccup either having ran away, gone from the village or worse, killed in either dragon training or dragon raid. He turned to look at Gobber. "He's gone?!" was his first question towards his friend. Calmly, the elder blonde nodded, confirming the chief's horror. "Yeah most afternoons, I mean who could blame him?" Gobber questioned rhetorically. "The life of a celebrity is very rough, he can barely walk through the village without being swarmed by his new fans." Confused, Stoick placed a hand on his friend's shoulder. "Hiccup?" the blonde elder smiled. "Who would've thought it eh? He has this, way with the beasts."

Stoick gaped. His son, winning dragon training.

.

"Everything we know about you guys, is wrong.." Hiccup mumbled, petting a terrible terror that approached him willingly on his hand.

In the evening, Hiccup and Ace sneaked back in the forge, the brunette's dragon was napping soundlessly away in the dark, content hearing the pipe on the table move up and down by Hiccup who laid his head on his scattered sketches of the night fury and his work. Footsteps slowly approach the forge, and the first thought that came into the boy's mind was if Ace was hidden enough before anyone could see him. Hiccup turned around to see his dragon not entirely asleep, his draconic eyes wide open and he backed away slowly. Sighing in relief, the brunette turned back to his sketches only to jump at the sight of his dad's head peeking in the forge. "Dad! You're back!" Hiccup grimaced, his eyes at his work before he pulled his hand and shoved his sketches, hidden behind his arm, closing the notebook that contained writings of Ace. Hiccup relentlessly stammered. "I.. Uh, Gobber- Gobber's not here so-"

"I know." Stoick's voice overpowered his son's stammering. "I came looking for you." Hiccup stared at his father confused. "You did?" he slowly pulled the notebook until the elder had spoken about the boy keeping secrets. Hiccup began to frantically stammer. "I- I.. uh, I- I have?" his breath hitched at Stoick's stern gaze, beginning to weaken and fighting his urge not to look at Ace who was watching the father and son conversation. "Just how long did you think you could hide it from me?"

Hiccup leaned on the table for support, still sputtering and stammering. "I- I.. uh, I.. I- I don't know what you're-"

"Nothing happens on this island without me hearing about it." Stoick's voice growing louder each word, startling his son out of his frantic stammering and flinch. "Oh?" Ace almost snorted at his human's adorable reaction, almost giving himself away. "So. Let's talk. About that dragon." The chief demanded, approaching his boy who looked up at him expressing the guilty look after he's been caught. Ace tightened his fist, already in his human form and ready to punch the shit out of Hiccup's father. The boy's arm slipped, his notebook falling off, himself almost losing his balance and he leaned again on the table before opening his mouth, wholeheartedly afraid to lose Ace after this. "Oh gods.." he mumbled, taking a big breath in and then out. "D-Dad I'm so sorry, I.. I- I was going to tell you, I just- didn't know how to uh-" The chief's stoic facade slowly broke, his father began chuckling louder and louder, bursting out to laughter. Hiccup glanced at Ace for a brief moment, both of them confused before the boy nervously laughed along. "You- You're uh, not.. Upset?" he questioned his father, though he should really start not jumping at everything that startles him.