Chapter Eleven

You vividly remembered the rollercoaster of emotions your heart was set on when Brian's message popped up on your phone - how your heart beat quickened in your chest. After your night together, you wanted nothing more than to have him back by your side, but seeing him so helplessly low and yourself being at the bottom with him, made you realize you could not save him. Brian needed help, as did you, and if you ever wanted him back, you needed to get that help as soon as possible.

You didn't even respond to his message, opting to call Trixie the minute your head began to spin with that overwhelming doom you knew all too well. You did not want to admit it to yourself and Trixie was the one who helped you to see that while Brian was away it may do you well to step back and take some time at a facility. You had never been good at knowing when things had become too much for you to handle on your own, but after only the slightest hint of defiance, you realized how lucky you were to have a group of friends who loved you enough to help you see it.

Your stay in rehab was tough, but you left with a confidence that reassured yourself separately from Brian. You felt like a whole person again and found the peace you had gone so long without. It hadn't been an easy journey, but it was necessary. When you exited the facility you felt much lighter than when you went in, and could only hope your ex boyfriend was feeling the same way across the country, though his stay was a slightly longer one than your own.

Just as you, Trixie and David had no contact with Brian through his stay in rehab and you were completely unaware onto if he was facilitated or not for at least 3 months after you started working again.

That was until he texted, of course.

You hadn't been working as much, spending more time with Trixie and David as well as Amy from sugar pill, Fena and Andrew than ever and even going as far as to rekindle your friendship with Violet- though you were never able to be as close with Paul as you once were. You had plenty of free time and could recall many nights where you debated sending a text to the Russian queen you had once been so infatuated with, but you always opted to let her be, making the realization that the ball was in her court and after her recovery journey, she should be able to choose who she brought into her life.

You remembered how your heart beat quickened when you saw Brian's name flash familiarly over your phone for the first time in all too long. There had almost been another year between the two of you, and you had pretty much accepted your separation from Brian, as did Trixie, but you had both been graced by a message from him in the same day. You had known that Trixie had had little contact with Brian, but their communication remained rather vague and simply to check up on one another until you received the message that Brian was returning to LA and wanted to meet up with the gang.

So just like old times, you found yourself sat at the same bar you had sat at so many moons ago, with Trixie and David, Amy and Fena, and Brian McCook promised to arrive, having the group sat on the edge of their seats.

The entire table remained silent. Nobody knew what to say, but the tension in the air and the fact that everyone had arrived 30 minutes earlier than Brian had requested, told you everything you needed to know. The whole group was more than antsy to see Brian. Everyone missed him dearly- that bright smile and bubbly sense of blue humour- nobody had words to describe the nerves that bloomed from the promise of having him back, or the daunting truth of him being a changed person.

"Everyone just needs to take a deep breath." David's voice came out clearly as it cut through the silence, but there was some reservation
behind his words and it was palpable. Trixie audibly snorted, crossing his arms tightly and protectively over his chest as his eyes averted away from the people he loved.

"I'll breathe once he walks through the door and I see- with my own eyes- that he's ok." Trixie scoffed, slumping back into his chair. Amy looked very troubled, her brows furrowed on her face and lips pursed with kind yet sad eyes. Fena's face was blank in front of the storm inside his head.