✨ Poetry Results ✨

So here I am, as promised, with the Poetry results! 

Please keep in mind that this award does not intend to demotivate or discourage anyone. There are only three winning spots, not everyone can be a winner. This, however, does not imply that your work is not good enough. The results depend solely upon the judge's taste and point of view, and it's not a great deal if your work does not appeal to the judge since everyone does not have the same taste. There will still be thousands of people on Wattpad who'll love your work. Hence, no hard feelings. It takes courage to write, and even more, courage to enter into a place where your writings will be judged. You're already an achiever if you participated, and your work is brilliant even if you don't win.

So, here are the winners!

🥇 1ST POSITION: A Small Poem by IsaRVale 

Total: 94/100

Review:

Cover: 10/10

There's nothing to say here – the cover is very attractive and beautiful.

Title: 7/10

The title is apt, yet may have been better. Here, the title focuses more on the length of the poems rather than the subject itself.

Description: 8.5/10

The description provides a good idea about the theme of the compilation.

Poem Flow: 14.5/15

The poems' flow is built up gorgeously and facilitates the reading. Since the poems are quite short, there is no need for breaks here.

Rhyme Scheme: 15/15

The use of free verse enhances the message of the poems which proceed gracefully without a rhyme scheme.

Grammar and Vocabulary: 19.5/20

The words are chosen appropriately and used correctly.

Overall Enjoyment: 19.5/20

This collection is a must-read for people preferring philosophical poetry. It provides vivid imagery and makes the message sink right through. The softness of the poem adds to the qualities.

***

🥈 2ND POSITION: Lost Heartbeats by Assasin_dead 

Total: 92.5/100

Review: 

Cover: 6.5/10

The way various objects are laid out on the cover is not organized and the objects do not seem related to each other.

Title: 8.5/10

Apart from the length, there's nothing wrong with the title.

Blurb: 8.5/10

The format of the description, which is like a letter, is creative. The blurb would have been flawless if it had not been for numerous grammatical errors here and there.

Flow: 14.5/15

The flow is perfect and very convenient, there's nothing much to say here.

Rhyme: 15/15

The free verse completely suits the poems and makes them beautiful. I love the effect the lack of a rhyme scheme brings here.

Grammar and Vocabulary: 19.5/20

Apart from a few missing commas and a few extra ones, there's nothing wrong with the grammar of the poems.

Overall Enjoyment: 19/20

I enjoyed reading these poems very much. The way the feelings and emotions have been described is excellent. Overall, this anthology is a must-read for poetry lovers.

***

🥉 3RD POSITION: Forgotten by awesometales 

Total: 92/100

Review:

Cover: 7/10

To say the truth, the background of the cover, that is, the halo of the face of the girl put me off a bit. Also, the font of the author's name looks a bit too plain. But the girl's picture in the fore provides a good reflection of loneliness – which the poem is all about.

Title: 10/10

The title is quite apt and describes the position the little girl in the poem finds herself in. It reflects her feelings perfectly.

Blurb: 9/10

The blurb is not too much of a giveaway and provides a base for the poem. Except for the grammatical mistake of the tense form in the sentence '...she STRUGGLED to find a life for herself and finally FINDS happiness...', the blurb is good.

Flow: 13.5/15

The poem proceeds quite smoothly, though in some places the length of the sentences needs to be more uniform.

Rhyme: 14.5/15

I like the fact that the poem has a fixed rhyme scheme of 'aabbcc' type. It's noticeable and gives more emotion to the poem.

Grammar and Vocabulary: 19.5/20

The vocabulary used is simple and yet not repetitive. The language is lucid and there are no grammatical errors as such.

Overall enjoyment: 20/20

It is a heartwarming poem that helps us understand the girl's character and feel her emotions. The reader can imagine every step of the girl's development into a strong woman. This is a very underrated poem and will always be on my list of favorites!

***

Congratulations to all the winners!!

Your stickers will be sent to you via email, so please drop your email id on my private message. Also, once you receive your sticker, kindly acknowledge by replying back on the email so I know you've received it.

The other participants can get their reviews too. They only need to let me or their judge know, and they'll receive it through private message.